INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are Smartlists zone specific?  (Read 375 times)

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Are Smartlists zone specific?
« on: September 16, 2019, 12:06:51 pm »

To explain a little further.... i have a smartlist set up that plays all titles with a rating of 3 stars or more with a "sub-rule" of "not played in the last 60 days".  I play to one of three zones around my house (my phone.... a PC inside the house.... and a Pi (running MC) connected to a sound system in the backyard.  I'm just wondering if the "not in 60 days" rule works accross the entire library no matter the zone... or is it zone by zone.  Seems I'm getting recently played tracks when i switch zones, but I'm not sure.  If smartlists are specific to the zone played to.... is there a way to enforce the rule system wide?  hope this makes sense.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Are Smartlists zone specific?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 12:25:48 pm »

I'm not aware of any zone-specific rules for a smartlist.  The last played information will be updated by any zone that plays the file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Are Smartlists zone specific?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 04:13:26 pm »

Thanks.  Good to confirm it works that way.  I may have figured out why I'm hearing tracks I thought I already heard...  I may have continued with the "playing now" previously selected for a zone... without refreshing the smartlist...  Duh..
Pages: [1]   Go Up