INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user help!  (Read 1408 times)

Balbolito

• Recent member
New user help!
« on: September 17, 2019, 07:16:31 am »

So just started using JRiver last night, a few newbie questions, sorry if they have already been answered please point me to the right direction and i can do all the reading required.

1-how to get cover art for movies? i have 100 movies now, they have been added, JRiver got a few cover arts by itself but most are missing.
2-how to get all movie ratings,info and synopsis from Imdb?
3-Is there a way that JRiver scans for changes in my HD and adds/deletes movies that have been added or removed?

Thanks
Regards

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New user help!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:05:35 am »

1 - I believe MC will try to get the cover art automatically but it might take a little while to get 100 movies at once. If it doesn't do it automatically then in Standard View you can Right click on the movie and select Cover Art->Get from Internet.

2- not sure don't want to make it up.

3 - You can set MC to Import automatically any folders you specify. The setting is in the top right File->Library->Import. The best way to deal with deleting files is to do it from MC. I think just deleting a file in Explorer or something won't remove the file from MC's library.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 10:31:11 am »

how to get all movie ratings,info and synopsis from Imdb?

You can't, not from IMDB anyway.  You can get stuff from other sources such has TMDb and OMDb.  I believe that JRiver built in tool utilizes TMDb data.  Simply right click a movie and choose "Get Movie & TV Info", this should also help you get cover art for movies.

You can get data from OMDb using MCRatings.

Balbolito

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:37 pm »

1 - I believe MC will try to get the cover art automatically but it might take a little while to get 100 movies at once. If it doesn't do it automatically then in Standard View you can Right click on the movie and select Cover Art->Get from Internet.

2- not sure don't want to make it up.

3 - You can set MC to Import automatically any folders you specify. The setting is in the top right File->Library->Import. The best way to deal with deleting files is to do it from MC. I think just deleting a file in Explorer or something won't remove the file from MC's library.

Thanks for your help! amazing.

Balbolito

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 03:54:00 pm »

You can't, not from IMDB anyway.  You can get stuff from other sources such has TMDb and OMDb.  I believe that JRiver built in tool utilizes TMDb data.  Simply right click a movie and choose "Get Movie & TV Info", this should also help you get cover art for movies.

You can get data from OMDb using MCRatings.

Thanks i downloaded MCratings and entered the correct code, even fixed my movies and when i pressed send/save to JRiver nothing happened.

don't know what i did wrong. but didn't like the process if this is how it is everytime, since it's not automated.

I tried get movie info and works great, at least for now this work fine.

appreciate it

Balbolito

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 09:21:59 am »

So i connected my PC running jriver to my Marantz AV8805 .

Audio is set to Wasapi

and bitstream to HDMI.

Is this the highest audio quality i can get ? or anything else i have to tweak/change in JRiver?

My processor has a K4490 32-bit DACs on all channels if it helps.

Thanks
Appreciate the help guys

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:08:39 am »

bitstream to HDMI means jriver is not touching/altering the audio stream stored in your file

so its a job of your receiver to

(1) decode that stream, e.g. DTS HDMA to PCM
(2) convert PCM to analogue signal

in this case only way to improve audio quality is more expensive DAC/receiver and/or speaker

there are cases you cannot bitstream … eg your receiver does not support Dolby TrueHD, then cannot bitstream Dolby TrueHD to it … or your receiver don't support DSD, then cannot bitstream DSD

letting jriver to decode stream to PCM has advantages … mainly volume levelling (so all your music is put out at roughly same volume) … big disadvantage of this (for movies mainly) jriver cannot decode Atmos or DTSX, so you loose object based metadate
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

rec head

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 12:59:49 pm »

So i connected my PC running jriver to my Marantz AV8805 .

Audio is set to Wasapi

and bitstream to HDMI.

Is this the highest audio quality i can get ? or anything else i have to tweak/change in JRiver?

Basically you're set.

tij mentioned the benefits of PCM vs Bitstream and that the only time it is really important is if you are trying to watch movies with ATMOS and DTS:X tracks. You can set MC to switch between PCM and Bitstream based on the content and have the best of both worlds using Zone Switch.

Balbolito

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 04:14:42 pm »

Thank you tij and rec head, really appreciate the help guys.

Well my use is like 99% movies so think i am set for now.

Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up