INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver automatically determine the output format?  (Read 818 times)

lordvader

• Recent member
Can JRiver automatically determine the output format?
« on: September 20, 2019, 12:16:46 am »

Hey all,
Just got a Topping d50, and am trialing software players that can output DSD (via DoP).
I've found that if I set the output encoding to "None", DSD gets converted to PCM, and output that way. If I chose DSD in DoP as the output format, then, obviously, everything is output as DoP.

Can it automatically output the correct format? I'm also trying Audirvana, which seems to work fine (just need to turn on the DoP function) ...

I'm on macos 10.14.5 (18F132), and using JRiver version 25.01.101

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can JRiver automatically determine the output format?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:35:55 am »

Set up a Zone for DSD in DoP and a Zone for everything else, then use ZoneSwitch. See https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones and the links in it.

But it looks like the Topping D50 can handle Native DSD. Using that would be better, I suspect, than DSD in DoP.

You may also want to consider Bitstreaming Native DSD to the Topping D50. There is a setting for that. Search the Wiki for instructions.

EDIT: Ah wait. You are on a Mac. Not sure with Macs. Check and see.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

lordvader

• Recent member
Re: Can JRiver automatically determine the output format?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:58:12 am »

Just turned on the bitstreaming option, and that seemed to fix everything - no need for Zones!
Thanks for your input!
Pages: [1]   Go Up