INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Change to Display View when controlling remotely  (Read 342 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Suggestion: Change to Display View when controlling remotely
« on: September 21, 2019, 05:18:30 pm »

Hi,

I have a JRiver/audio-dedicated MS Surface Pro 4 on top of my "stereo cabinet". Normally I keep MC in Standard View.

However, I often control the same instance of MC using JRemote from an iPad.

It would be cool if there was a feature which could switch to Display View automatically, only when MC detects that it's being controlled remotely (via network).

That way, I could walk away from MC, sit on my sofa or stand across the room with my iPad, and when I hit play on a track I would see the Standard View replaced by the album cover art blown up on whatever display MC is running on. It would look cleaner, and be a little more informative, in that kind of scenario.

P.S. -- I could just remember to manually switch to Display View every time I depart from the immediate area of MC, but I always forget to, or am too lazy to. ;)

Thanks.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Suggestion: Change to Display View when controlling remotely
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 07:07:47 pm »

Explore the options in Tools > Options > General > Behavior.  MC can be set to jump to Display View automatically.

You might be able to use zones to get two different behaviors.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Re: Suggestion: Change to Display View when controlling remotely
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 09:38:27 am »

Indeed. Using the existing options takes care of 90% of the situations. It's really only about the rarer occasions when I interact with MC itself on the PC -- then grab the iPad -- then start using JRemote: I look over and see the trad. interface on the PC display (in my case, the MS-Surface).

I was just thinking that maybe one more option could be added in there under Behavior > "Jump on play play (audio)", like:

"Display View (when played by remote control)"

P.S. -- I didn't check if the General options "travel" with Zone(s), however; it doesn't look like it. You can only select the Zone context in Audio, I believe.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up