INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need troubleshooting steps for Mac Mini to PS Audio DSD via USB.  (Read 636 times)

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
Need troubleshooting steps for Mac Mini to PS Audio DSD via USB.
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:28:08 am »

I have a PS Audio Direct Stream DAC connected to a Mac Mini running JRiver MC24.

Connection is via USB.

Periodically (maybe 3 times) there is no sound from the DSD to the preamp.

The DSD shows the proper file resolution for the song I am playing, but there’s no output. The optical input from a TV is OK.

I usually start trouble shooting by checking in MC24 that the PS Audio DSD is selected as the audio device. Then I proceed to the Mac Audio MIDI Setup & check that the DSD is recognized as the output device. (not sure if this is relevant???) Then I look to see if anything obvious has changed in MC24 Audio Device settings. Not sure what I’m looking for, but I keep hoping something will be obvious.

This has happened after a power outage & I usually just reestablish the relationship between the DSD & Mac. I never get a memorable "ah-ha that was it" because I try several things before restarting MC24 & Mac. Any sort of list of checks would help me immensely.

I promise to write it down this time. :)

Edit: Solved! Under Audio MIDI Setup > Master Stream, Master, the Mute was checked!
I did not do this. Could it have been the result of a Mac OS update. Can't remember if I have listened since the update??? Does not the optical input follow the same path? It was fine???
Thanks,
Kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up