INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA plays DSD fine but PCM 192 KHZ 24 bit lots of issues  (Read 1443 times)

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA plays DSD fine but PCM 192 KHZ 24 bit lots of issues
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:13:45 pm »

I am playing DLNA to my OPPO 105 in the bedroom, DSD plays fine but for instance SOLO: A Star Wars story in 192 KHz 24 bit stutters they both read in Media center to be about between 5000 and 6000 KBPS, can’t figure out why.  :-\

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA plays DSD fine but PCM 192 KHZ 24 bit lots of issues
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:39:17 pm »

Well, you are comparing playing Native DSD (or DSD in PCM / DoP) audio playback to video playback with audio conversion, by the sound of it. Or do you have an audio Solo story?

What do you have set for the DLNA conversions for audio and video?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:38:22 pm »

No sorry it is an HD tracks recording in Flac format. I have both an OPPO 205 in my media room connected by Ethernet and the OPPO 105 in the bedroom connected by Wireless. I/m assuming the WiFi is the problem since the OPPO 205 plays everything great, but why would it play the DSF files fine when they are about the same data rate?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 03:43:05 pm »

In one case you are playing a flac in more or less native pcm format, whereas in the other case you are doing cpu heavy conversion of the flac file to DSD/DSF. So your bottleneck is probably not network bandwidth, but rather cpu throughput capability. (Or a combination thereof).
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 09:22:29 pm »

Then why would it play flawlessly to my OPPO 205 through Ethernet? I guess I forgot to mention I have no conversion in MC it send the DSF file in native format to both.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »

Okay, so;
MC is set to "Original" format in DLNA audio settings for both the 105 and 205.
Sending DSF files as Native DSD to both the 105 an 205 they play normally.
You are sending a 192 kHz 24 bit FLAC file to both. It plays properly on the 205 which is hardwired ethernet. It stutters on the 105 which uses a wireless network connection.

Do you have more than one DLNA server set up? If so, have you associated the same DLNA server to both the 105 and 205?
If you use different DLNA servers for the 105 and 205, are they set up exactly the same?

If you really think it is a wireless problem, buy a long ethernet cable and connect the 105 via ethernet, just to test if that fixes the problem.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 04:49:48 pm »

No sorry it is an HD tracks recording in Flac format.

I have no conversion in MC it send the DSF file in native format to both.

So which is it? Is the file Flac or DSF? Are you converting or not?  It would help if we were talking about the same thing.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

boozemun

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 11:25:04 pm »

The problem file is flac. I had setup two different DLNA for each but audio is set to Original for both. I will try an Ethernet cable to the other room but it is a bit of a problem with distance, and can’t be my permanent solution. I’ll let you know. Thanks.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »

Don't see the problem here, if I play DSD to my dac and then play the same file as a flac file 24bit 192khtz to the dac it all works perfectly - this is with a very low level HTPC system. I can only assume that something else is going on in the system.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up