INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find missing files in database  (Read 573 times)

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Find missing files in database
« on: September 24, 2019, 12:58:29 am »

There was an old thread handling this
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=111833.0

you need something like this in the search bar, from a view that lists all of your audio...

[=ismissing([filename])]=1

Is this still valid ? In a view showing 1185 mp4 and mov files, there are some with no thumbnail. 'Locate on disk (external)' reports that the file does not exist. What can be confirmed with explorer.
When entering '=ismissing([filename])]=1' in the search bar, there were no search results.

In a view with audio files I thought it would work. I noticed heavy drive activities when applying this search option. But when testing with renaming a file with explorer,  it still does not get listed. Trying to play then reports 'missing'.

My media are stored on network drive. Audio files are referenced by a drive letter. Videos by UNC path.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Find missing files in database
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 02:21:08 am »

[=ismissing([filename])]=1[/b]

=ismissing([filename])]=1

Different. Make sure you include the first [ in the expression when you search.

If you turn on, or have turned on, the setting "Options > Tree > View > Advanced > Display missing file image in lists (slow on network drives)", MC will display a little image next to any missing file. Use a Playlist or Smartlist to check. A red circle with a horizontal white line through it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rolf_eigenheer

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Find missing files in database
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:48:24 am »

Thanks Roderick. This helped!

I missed to include the bracket when doing copy paste. And since there was no syntax error reported, I didn't notice.
It still does not work on a client connected to a database server. But this is not a show stopper.

'Display missing file image in lists' I usually let off. I do not see an advantage when I see there is a missing file, as long as I cannot select all of them automatically.

SOLVED!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up