INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiio Sync Problem with CUE Files  (Read 496 times)

julio.cortes

Fiio Sync Problem with CUE Files
« on: September 27, 2019, 09:46:42 am »

Good day All.  not sure I´m posting in the right forum, let me know.

I just upgraded my windows licence to MC25, with the idea of syncing my Fiio M9 and other handleds we used at home for different purpuses.
my MC library is a mixed of pretty much every file types, from SACD ISO, Flac, Mp3, etc.

My idea was to create a playlist named to each device, then in the sync options direct every device to syng their respective playlist; the playlists contain a mix of different flies, problem came when syncing the FLAC flies, which are ONE file, with a CUE file asociated: MC copies this file N times, as many times as songs therea are in the album;  same happened with ISO files, as you can imaging I run out of space very quick.

The problem with the ISO files can be fixed by forcing conversion to FLAC, not my first choice as my Fiio M9 can handeled ISO files for improve sound, but OK.

now, the flac flies could be converted to MP3, lets say; and force MC not perform this copy part of the sync process.  Not desirable, as my FLAC flies present better sound detail.

I guess I could use other lossless conversion, i.e. ALAC; but sync time would be lengthy.

Any advise how to have just ONE FLAC file + CUE file copied to handleded?

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up