INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do disable cycling of Theater View background images (NOT online slideshow)  (Read 572 times)

wer

• Citizen of the Universe

One of my machines, when in theater view, is cycling or fading between local background images about every 15 seconds.  How can I disable this?

I am NOT talking about online slideshows; all those are disabled. I am talking about locally stored images in the theme folder.

Another PC only changes the background images when you go from one place to another in theater view, which is what I prefer.  But this one, even with no user activity, fades from one image to the next continuously, and I can't see how to stop it.  There's no option in MC, and I see nothing in the theme or skin files that is obvious.

I searched and this has been asked about on the forms before, but no one responded to the question.

Can anyone help?

Thanks...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Nope.

The only way to stop the cycling that I'm aware of is to only have one image, or none I suspect, in the Theme folder. I tried one image for a while but got bored with that, so found a bunch of photos of my dogs and built a Theme around them. Now I have Themes for Dakar and MotoGP as well, and change to each every now and then.

As you have other Theme functions turned off, you could always set the Theme to "None".

The cycling doesn't burn much CPU power.

I'm surprised that you have one PC that doesn't cycle. Maybe there is a setting in the Registry somewhere? Had a look. Can't see one.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

Thanks, Rod.

That sucks.  The cycling is annoying.

I thought the normal state was not cycling, as Matt once said.  See Matt's post here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=72719.0

I wish there was some way to disable it, or get it back to just changing when you changed views in the interface.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

That thread didn't look very helpful. The user was saying that local Theme images cycled in MC15, but didn't in MC17. I started using MC18 and I think they have always cycled. They cycle on my HTPC (MC Server) using Theme images on the HTPC, and they cycle on my Workstation using Theme images on the workstation, whether it is running as a Client or with a standalone Library loaded.

Maybe there is something in the Release Notes history. But I think they just always cycled. Hence my surprise that they don't cycle on one of your PCs.

PS: I really love the cycling when using my Dakar Theme images. Find a great set of images you would enjoy, and then it won't be annoying!  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

I checked the release notes but there's no mention of such a change.

tij

• MC Beta Team

from what i remember ... if enable “online slideshow” with one of selected online sources ... it will cycle through online images from those sources

... if i disable all online sources ... it will cycle through local folder where music files are located (last i checked, this does not work for movies or tv shows)

if disable “online slideshow” you get Van Gogh images
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up