INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert ALAC to MP3: Album and Artist missing in MP3 file  (Read 353 times)

GaryG45

• Recent member
Convert ALAC to MP3: Album and Artist missing in MP3 file
« on: September 29, 2019, 11:30:45 am »

I'm using MC 25.0.104 (32 bit) and when I use convert format to convert an ALAC album to MP3, the resulting MP3 files do not have the Album and Artist tags.  I've tried with 3 different albums and get the same results with each one.  For the conversion options I use convert to this folder where the folder is on an external hard drive.  "And create levels of folder structure 2" is ticked.  "Leave original file; do not add destination to library" is also checked.  I've used VBR Target Quality: High for the encoding.  I check the MP3 files using MP3tag and none of the files for the albums display the album or artist tag.  A tag dump of the original ALAC files does display the album and artist tags.  Is this a bug or did I miss an option?

GaryG45

• Recent member
Re: Convert ALAC to MP3: Album and Artist missing in MP3 file
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 10:55:42 am »

I think I have found my error.  Yesterday I recalled a post on the Vinyl Studio forum from 4-5 years ago where a user wanted to create or manipulate an ALAC file using the Windows version of Vinyl Studio.  They were told they needed to use the MAC version of Vinyl Studio.  Therefore I believe the MAC version of MC would have performed the conversion correctly.

My master copy of my music is in FLAC format with folder.jpg files for the cover art.  I used an ALAC version of my music because it has the cover art embeded.  I think I have found a way to convert the FLAC files to MP3 and embed the cover art using MC.  If it doesn't work, I'll use dBpoweramp.
Pages: [1]   Go Up