INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Pane-Tagging Checkboxes for Values with Sub-Values  (Read 366 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Missing Pane-Tagging Checkboxes for Values with Sub-Values
« on: October 02, 2019, 06:48:22 pm »

I'm not sure when this changed, but it is annoying.

I have a few Genres I use which have sub-genres, such as Electronic\Drum and Bass. At some point, MC stopped showing the Pane-Tagging checkboxes for the "parent" values for these Genres. So, for example, since I have a Drum and Bass sub-genre of Electronic, I can no-longer tag any files as just simple "Electronic" (with no sub-genre at all) via the Panes, and I have to type them in manually (like an animal).

What gives?

This is particularly frustrating for a few of my Genres where sub-genres are relatively rare. So, for example, I have a Pop\R&B sub-genre. But almost all of the files "in" the Pop Genre are just-plain Pop. I keep my Genres pretty "flat" and I only use Sub-Genres for specific types of music which wouldn't otherwise get a distinct Genre at all (and where I often want them included in mixes and whatnot regardless of the sub-genre).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Missing Pane-Tagging Checkboxes for Values with Sub-Values
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 06:54:55 pm »

I'm not aware of any intentional changes.  Would you email me a library backup and a little more detailed instructions?  Matt at JRiver.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up