INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plz Help With Amazon Music Streaming  (Read 685 times)

sounerfan

• Recent member
Plz Help With Amazon Music Streaming
« on: October 02, 2019, 10:04:29 pm »

This Amazon Music in HD and Ultra HD is superb!  Just signed up for the 90 day trial.

I've gotten the MC WDM driver to work with my laptop.  I'm able to play on the Amazon Music app thru MC.  Now trying to figure out if there is any way I can play thru the network to my DLNA devices (Marantz AVR) so I can listen properly.  I know that I'm not actually streaming files, so I understand its not going to work with DLNA.  Just hoping there's some solution other than line out to use to connect to my AVR.  Any ideas?  Would love to be able to hear all of this great music on a some real speakers.

Thanks guys,

John

sounerfan

• Recent member
Re: Plz Help With Amazon Music Ultra HD
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 06:37:30 pm »

So I'm finding out that all of the Amazon devices (Echo, FireTV) are incapable of playing any res higher than 16/44.1, which is ridiculous!  I am able to use the HEOS app for the Marantz AVR, but that app is crap!  I'm sure this is out of the scale of MC to help with.  Just an FYI I guess.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Plz Help With Amazon Music Streaming
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:14 pm »

I played the amazon stuff via wdm through MC to usb asio audio out to my streamer and then to my marantz amp. I cancelled. For that annual cost I can buy and rip an enormous number of purchased used CDs and as you have found the echo can't play even CD quality stuff.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Plz Help With Amazon Music Ultra HD
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 08:13:34 pm »

So I'm finding out that all of the Amazon devices (Echo, FireTV) are incapable of playing any res higher than 16/44.1, which is ridiculous!  I am able to use the HEOS app for the Marantz AVR, but that app is crap!  I'm sure this is out of the scale of MC to help with.  Just an FYI I guess.

Which of the Amazon devices do you think warrant > 16/44 content?

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Plz Help With Amazon Music Streaming
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 08:25:11 pm »

None of them have the speaker ability to use CD quality output at the moment.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up