INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help to tag movies in Theater view to be watched later  (Read 944 times)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Help to tag movies in Theater view to be watched later
« on: October 04, 2019, 03:07:08 pm »

Hello all,
I would like to be able to tag a movie in theater view to be watched later and that tagged movie would be grouped together with other movies that I have tagged.
The tagging have to be made from a remote control and not a keyboard.

The use case is that we are browsing our movies in Theater view from the comfort of our sofa with an remote and come cross movies that we would like to watch but not right now.
From there I would like to be able to mark/tag the movie and that movie would end up in a specified group with other movies that have been tagged.
And also be able to untag a movie when we donīt want to have that movie grouped any longer.

Is this possible and how do you sort movies that you would like to watch later?

Best regards and have a great weekend,

//arcspin

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Help to tag movies in Theater view to be watched later
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 03:15:40 pm »

I've been wanting something like this as well.  Similar to the "add to watch list" feature on IMDB.  Ideally, I'd like it to add a movie to a playlist.  There is the "Add to playlist" feature on the roller, but a button or something in the movie description that you click once and it automatically puts in your watchlist would be cool.

wer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 03:34:21 pm »

Just create a Genre called "Watchlist" and add that Genre to the movie.

Or you could create a totally separate user defined field to accomplish the same thing.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 03:44:30 pm »

I created a playlist called "Watchlist" and use the add to playlist feature.  But it would be nice to have a single click to add a movie to the playlist.  It's a minor thing, admittedly.

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 04:10:59 pm »

Yes, I also just now created a playlist called *Watch Later* that works.
Is there a way to, in Theater view, create another value that is "Remove from Playlist" as well?
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:19:16 pm »

You could create a smartlist which uses your Watch Later playlist as input and excludes any which have been played already.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 04:21:21 pm »

I created a playlist called "Watchlist" and use the add to playlist feature.

How do you view that playlist in Theater view?

I use a "Search list" type and in that search list I added a rule That says: Playlists - is any - *Watch Later*

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 04:27:36 pm »

I don't think there is, but I have a possible workaround.

Create a playlist called "Watch Later X" (or whatever).  Which you will add movies that you want to watch later.

Now create a smartlist, call it "Watch Later".  Make the rules of the smartlist Playlist equals "Watch Later X" and Number of plays is zero.  Then, when you watch the movie it will disappear from the smartlist as the number of plays will have changed from zero to one.  It will still be in your playlist though, maybe not the idea solution but it's what I am going with for now.

Edit: Looks like BigSpider and I had the same idea :)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 04:30:50 pm »

How do you view that playlist in Theater view?

I use a "Search list" type and in that search list I added a rule That says: Playlists - is any - *Watch Later*

I added a new "Library Item" in theater view and then set rules to display to only show things that appear in my smartlist

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 04:52:20 pm »

Great suggestions and this works out quite nicely.

I will later try these suggestions more thoroughly and come back if I have any more questions.
It is midnight over here and time to go to bed.

Take care,

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 01:45:14 pm »

Using playlists will work, thank you for that great suggestion.
I even had to do a separate playlist for my girlfriend  :D

The "Number of plays is zero" works but there are times where we would like to re-watch a movie that we already have seen and therefor the number of plays is not zero.

I was think about a counter to decide if the movie will be in the smart list or not.
For example, if the "number of plays" counter have been increased when a movie is in a playlist the movie would not show up in the smart list.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2019, 07:57:37 pm »

You might want to look at a combination of [Rating], [Number Plays], and [Last Played] to work out a criteria for putting a movie back on to the Smartlist.

I just use a simple Playlist to which I add movies, and every now and then remove those that have been watched, or I no longer want to watch.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 01:09:09 am »

For example, if the "number of plays" counter have been increased when a movie is in a playlist the movie would not show up in the smart list.
Unfortunately, we can't do this at this time.

Or you could create a totally separate user defined field to accomplish the same thing.

For me, this is the path of least resistance... I've just added it to our "Recent" movies view and it's pretty quick and simple...

Our recent movies view uses the following rule, and no categories....
Code: [Select]
([Date Imported]=<7d or [Number Plays]=[]) ~sort=[Date Imported]-d
So, it only lists movies imported in the last seven days, or, movies that haven't been watched yet. Watch one of those, and, if it was imported more than seven days ago, it drops off the list right away, and if not, it drops off after the seven days pass.

Create a new field called "Watch Later". I set mine for just Video and TV, string type, standard edit.
In "Options > Theater View > Advanced > Tag menu fields (Video)" add this "Watch Later" field to bring it to the top of the Theater View tag menu list.

Update the "Recent" view "files to show" rule as per below...
Code: [Select]
([Date Imported]=<7d or [Number Plays]=[] or -[watch later=[]) ~sort=[Date Imported]-d
When you come across one you want to watch again later, flit across to the tag menu and enter anything in there... "a" is quickest and easiest.
This will now be included in the "Recent" list, and appears immediately.
To remove it from this list, go back to the tag menu, hit "Clear" then "Save" and it is removed from the "Recent" list.

Pages: [1]   Go Up