INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Analyze Audio  (Read 575 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Trouble with Analyze Audio
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:40:28 pm »

I moved a bunch of audio files off an SD card (.wav and .flac files) onto my main server computer.  Several dozen got errors when I tried the Analyze Audio function.  Perhaps you can help me figure out why.

Any suggestions about what could prevent MC from performing an audio analysis?

I got them all organized with updated cover art (using the "get from the internet" function), consistent naming conventions and then doing a Rename, Copy, Move in Library Tools to get all the folders consistent.

I then went to the Smartlists (specifically Audio - task needs Audio Analysis) to get a list of files needing analysis.  I highlighter all the files and then went to Advanced Tools to perform the Analyze Audio function.  A couple of dozen files produced errors.  The only thing I can see in common between these files is their cover art image does not show up in the Smartlist.  However, when I check the tag information the image file appears and is "inside the file" just like it's supposed to be in my library.

blgentry

Re: Trouble with Analyze Audio
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:46:27 am »

Can you play these files using MC? 

Brian.

macdonjh

Re: Trouble with Analyze Audio
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 12:44:15 pm »

Interesting, I just checked, and the files that still need audio analysis don't play.  So I looked around and they aren't where they're supposed to be.  I'm confused by that because I used the RCM tool, but there I am.

I'll search my hard drive for some randomly picked files and see if they're still on disc.  If not, I must have deleted them accidently and will have to reload them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up