INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Album Artist, auto  (Read 896 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Trouble with Album Artist, auto
« on: October 04, 2019, 08:47:53 pm »

I moved a bunch of audio files from an SD card onto my server computer.  All the files imported to MC and my main library (in lots of different places because of weird tagging).  I spent some time getting the tagging straightened out.  I noticed when I changed the [Artist] field in each group of files belonging to the same album [Album Artist] did not update automatically.

Is [Album Artist] supposed to update automatically?  I ended up manually entering data in the [Album Artist] field, but I think it's been suggested to me that's not the best practice because MC does some stuff in the background when updating the [Album Artist] field.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Trouble with Album Artist, auto
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 09:43:11 pm »

Is [Album Artist] supposed to update automatically?

No. [Album Artist (auto)] updates automatically. Search the Wiki for the explanation.

I ended up manually entering data in the [Album Artist] field, but I think it's been suggested to me that's not the best practice because MC does some stuff in the background when updating the [Album Artist] field.

You did the correct thing.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

macdonjh

Re: Trouble with Album Artist, auto
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 12:52:36 pm »

Thank you for reminding me.  Turns out I had the wrong syntax in my MRC command, I was using [Album Artist, auto] instead of [Album Artist (auto)].  I was also confusing [Album Artist] for [Album Artist (auto)] because in MC 25 they are in two different "panes" in the tree, in earlier versions they were in the same pane, right next to each other.

Operator error strikes again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up