INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: „Play to“ empty list in Panel  (Read 2452 times)

Pinkie2

• Recent member
„Play to“ empty list in Panel
« on: October 05, 2019, 07:18:41 am »

Hi,
For some time now all dlna players are not available in my Panel Web Interface. I see them in app on windows though and can also send streams to all those (Denon avr x).
Anyone an idea how to fix that?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: „Play to“ empty list in Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 09:10:24 am »

Are you trying to play from Cloudplay?  Or local audio files?  Some things can't be played to a DLNA device.

Are you running Panel on the same Windows machine?

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:07:00 am »

I’m trying to play local files via dlna. It worked well in the past. Haven’t made any changes. But for some time now all the dlna players have disappeared from the web interfaces.
I can just “play here” ie on iPad but there are no players other than that listed anymore.
All those missing players are still visible in the GUI of the server that is running jriver.
But no web interface on no machine is showing all those receivers anymore.

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 06:17:06 am »

I also just realized that the stream that I play on the local machine via "Play here" just runs for a second or so and then stops.
With the stream stopping, the web interface seems to refresh as well – dont know if this also has to do with the fact that no devices appear in the dropdown menu as DLNA Player.
Bummer is that I only use the MC for playing music via DLNA using the web interface...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:53:06 am »

Can you substitute another device for the iPad?  If so, does that work?

Firewall?

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 08:39:24 am »

Have tried from a Mac (Chrome and Safari) and turned firewall off. No change.
Weird, this has always worked flawlessly but I’m not aware of any changes I made.

I can stream from the MC’s dlna server using other apps or players to access media directly from the server. It really seems to be Panel that causes this.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 05:19:43 pm »

Using MC 25.0.113 panel is showing all available dlna devices on my network using pc and ipad. So something on your system must be blocking access I would imagine.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 06:11:57 pm »

I think its a router or firewall problem..

1) make sure that your PC and your renderers are all on the same subnet. This usually mean to make sure that all devices are set to get their IP addresses from your router via DHCP.

2) make sure that there is no firewall software blocking TCP and UDP traffic between any devices on that subnet

3) it might be as simple as turning all devices off, and the turn the router on, followed 60 seconds later by all other devices..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 04:45:30 am »

Hi and thank you for your tips.

Well, I'm accessing Panel directly via the LAN IP in my home network on Port 52199 – so there's nothing (router, firewall, ISP etc) in between.
Even with the Firewall on the Windows machine turned off I still have the same problems. Even when I'm accessing Panel from that local machine (server) via Chrome I get the same thing.

This was a running setup for months and I'm not aware of any changes I made. Could be there was an update on one of the different components that caused this...? Don't know.

The only thing that I can remember doing to the entire setup was: I've added one Denon receiver (different IP) to the mix and gave it the name of another one that was existing before and that got the name of another old one – dont know if that cause this?

I even reinstalled MC (cleared Reg but kept the library) and the problem is still there.

I feel this weird auto-refresh has something to do with it. To explain: When I open Panel in a browser every sec or so the website blinks to black and refreshes.
This causes ie when I go to "settings" and go to "Advanced" the page is refreshing and jumps back to "Main".

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 05:08:41 am »

De-installed everything incl libraries.
But also read in the forum Avast antivirus & Antivir seem to make problems.
Well, I always had it on so I never thought I have to get rid of it.

But to be on the safe side I deinstalled both as well.

Now after a restart and newly installed MC everything works again.
Let's blame the antivirus for it!

So I'll be silent for now – have to reconfigure everything  >:( >:( >:(

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 06:11:03 am »

arrrrrrrgh.

So, I was good to go. Library imported etc. Panel was working fine. DLNA players in the dropdown. No auto-refresh.
Suddenly all the problems are back. Nothing happened in between. No update. No restart.

? ? ?

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 11:44:01 am »

Now even upgraded to 25.
Problems were gone for a brief moment. But now Panel is also unusable in the new version.

BTW the confirmation after purchase said I bought a license for 26 (funny)

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 01:08:43 pm »

After I deinstalled all the antivirus apps, of course, the Windows Defender jumped back into play.
So I disabled real time protection. Disabled DLNA support in MC an denabled DLNA again.
Now it seems to work all fine – fingers crossed.

In case it breaks down again I'll post here

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2019, 01:30:34 pm »

Over night something must have happened cause all the problems are back.
No update. No restart etc in the meantime.

BradATIMA

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2019, 01:39:54 pm »

Sometimes the list of renderers can be a bit slow to load. How long do you usually wait for it to load?

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 10:00:18 pm »

The server is running constantly. I check in on the status every couple of hours.

Or you mean how long I wait in the web interface with extended drop Down?
Here it doesn’t take long for this auto refresh to happen which than Automatically is collapsing the drop down again.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 01:28:41 am »

Over night something must have happened cause all the problems are back.
No update. No restart etc in the meantime.

Windows Defender will have turned itself back on. You will need to Tame Windows Defender. There is a thread on that topic.

With the latest security threats in Windows and other applications, it is likely that all security software is clamping down a bit on any App that does a lot of communication on the network, and internet. Security software is still the most likely cause, but to stop the display of DLNA Renderers? That is a bit weird.

If all the DLNA Renderers appear in the MC Windows interface, on the MC Server, and you run Panel on the same PC, then I would expect it to see exactly the same DLNA Renderer list. Panel is just taking that information directly from the Server, rather than gathering that information itself, isn't it JRiver?

I see various DLNA issues. For example, I couldn't play to my Sony TV just now, until I rebooted the TV. Then I was able to use Panel to play to the TV, for now. The Sony TV is a bad DLNA Renderer. The Sony TV showed in Panel at the same time that it showed in MC. No waiting, once it was found in MC, which took a couple of minutes.

But your issue is very strange.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 09:25:49 am »

Well, I'm accessing Panel directly via the LAN IP in my home network on Port 52199 – so there's nothing (router, firewall, ISP etc) in between.
Even with the Firewall on the Windows machine turned off I still have the same problems. Even when I'm accessing Panel from that local machine (server) via Chrome I get the same thing.

This was a running setup for months and I'm not aware of any changes I made. Could be there was an update on one of the different components that caused this...? Don't know.

This could still very well be caused by your router. What model is it, and are you running the latest firmware? I assume you've tried rebooting the router, but it's worth doing again. I would definitely make sure the firmware is up to date.

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 02:52:39 pm »

This could still very well be caused by your router. What model is it, and are you running the latest firmware

I'm using a Zyxel USG 200, latest firmware. This was already in place and working for months in the past.
Not sure if the router is really involved when I'm accessing Panel via 127.0.0.1:52199 on the server, where I then also see the same phenomenon.

You will need to Tame Windows Defender. There is a thread on that topic.

I've put in all the exceptions into Defender now (at least on the folder level). But after a restart, it still didnt solve the problems.
It seems to work for a brief moment when I disable Defender, restart MC, and DLNA. For a few seconds, I can see the Renderers in Panel.

The Protocol says something like this – dont know if that is meaningful to find the root cause?
Code: [Select]
0594469: 7492: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: Start
0594469: 7492: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: URL: /MCWS/v1/Playback/Zones?Token=DqlEeL3C
0594469: 5444: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPListenerWorker::HandleRequest: TCP: 192.168.0.79: GET: http://192.168.0.8:52199/MCWS/v1/Playlists/List?Token=DqlEeL3C
0594469: 7492: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: Finish (0 ms)
0594469: 5444: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: Start
0594469: 5444: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: URL: /MCWS/v1/Playlists/List?Token=DqlEeL3C
0594469: 7492: Sharing Plugins: VHTTPMessage::Write: Wrote 377 bytes
0594469: 5444: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: Finish (0 ms)
0594469: 5444: Sharing Plugins: VHTTPMessage::Write: Wrote 1785 bytes
0594532: 7332: Reader: CWinINetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, timed out (500 ms), URL=http://localhost:52125/api/v1/
0594532: 7332: Reader: CWinINetReader::Close: Start
0594532: 600: Reader: CWinINetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Canceled (checked after HttpSendRequest)
0594532: 600: Reader: CWinINetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (500 ms)
0594532: 600: Reader: CWinINetReader::Thread: Finish (500 ms)
0594547: 7332: Reader: CWinINetReader::Close: Finish (15 ms)
0594547: 7332: Reader: CWinINetReader::Open: Finish (531 ms)
0594547: 7332: Sharing Plugins: JRWebService::Process: Finish (531 ms)
0594547: 7332: Sharing Plugins: VHTTPMessage::Write: Wrote 184 bytes
0594594: 7076: Sharing Plugins: CHTTPListenerWorker::HandleConnection: Finish (531 ms)
0594594: 7284: Sharing Plugins: CUDPSocketReader::Accept: Start
0594594: 7284: Sharing Plugins: CUDPSocketReader::Accept: Description: CListenerBase::CListenerBase [UDP]
0594594: 7284: Sharing Plugins: CUDPSocketReader::Accept: Finish (0 ms)

What I suspect really is that the connection to the "service" that feeds Panel gets interrupted frequently. Hence the refresh, no streaming and not updating list of renderers. No Clue how to search for the root cause though.

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 02:58:34 pm »

this is getting bizarre!

I installed MC on a Raspi to rule out any issues with Defender, Antivir etc and to try a completely different platform altogether.

I'm accessing Panel on the Raspi directly via IP from different clients.

I'm still getting exactly the same problems as before on Win  ? ? ?

The only thing that is the same between the two setups are the switches on the network and the DLNA AVRs   

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Pinkie2

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 03:50:28 pm »

See my prior post..

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,122475.msg847899.html#msg847899

Thanks. Like I said earlier those things shouldn't be a problem.

But I just found the reason this all happened.

I just disconnected all DLNA renderers from the network to see if they were the reason for any issue – these were also the only constant all the time.
I found out the problem was gone when two out of all DLAN renderers we not connected to the network...

Those two AVR were having three dots next to there names in the Playing Now column. So MC was indicating the name was too long for the column but the name was well short enough to fit the column...

So I had realized that there were a lot of blank spaces at the end of those two malfunctioning AVRs.

I have deleted those blanks at the end of the friendly name of the Denons and the problem was gone.

Apparently MC has a problem with blank spaces at the end of a DLNA device name.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 04:17:34 pm »

Apparently MC has a problem with blank spaces at the end of a DLNA device name.

That is very interesting. Very.

But the problem may return again after a while, as it has before. So please keep an eye on it and report back if the problem returns.

The reason I ask is that I still see weird issues with DLNA in my network. For example;
Gizmo on my Android phone can't connect to my Workstation installation of MC until I run "Bingo SSDP" or BubbleUPnP, which seems to establish on the phone that the MC Server exists. (SSDP?)
The Workstation can't see JRiver for Android on my phone as a DLNA Renderer, even though "Bingo SSDP" can, and Jim has recently said;
JRiver for Android
It can act as a DLNA Renderer, for example.

I'm going to look into the naming issue you have found. Maybe there is something in my installation along those lines. I have been thinking it was probably something to do with malformed SSDP responses, or lack of responses. Thanks for the hint.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 09:01:45 pm »

Pinkie2,
Good detective work. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up