INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-Occuring Sync on Two Files  (Read 779 times)

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
Re-Occuring Sync on Two Files
« on: October 06, 2019, 09:06:02 am »

I have two music files which always report a status of resync for some reason. This is not a major problem however curious as to why these are always flagged as needing resync when nothing has changed and the rest of the album is static.

Recheck sync result:

After Sync Now:

Windows 10 v1903
External SanDisk 2TB SSD drive

Media Center
    Version: 25.0.113 Registered
    Install path: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 25\
    Interface plug-ins: Interface Plugins: TiVo Server (disabled, not running)
    JRMark: 3670 (version 21.0.50)
    Memory used: 251 MB memory
    Handles used: 757 handles

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Re-Occuring Sync on Two Files
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 07:51:24 am »

Those files appear to have long filenames. In Settings>General try enabling the "Support extra long filenames" setting.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 07:57:07 am »

Thanks for the suggestion however it is already checked and also if you look at the graphic #2 the length for these two files are not actually the longest in the file set.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 08:02:36 am »

Thanks for the suggestion however it is already checked and also if you look at the graphic #2 the length for these two files are not actually the longest in the file set.

The clue in #2 is that they aren't being sorted into the same album. Perhaps there is an extra (possibly hidden) character in the Album or Artist name.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 08:31:35 am »

The clue in #2 is that they aren't being sorted into the same album. Perhaps there is an extra (possibly hidden) character in the Album or Artist name.
I think the sort in the Capture2 is in sync order as applied to the file load as it was a filter from the Sync View on the SSD. Howvever, I did go to the Audio>Albums view and notice these files had an "_" so I removed them and still the Recheck Sync is showing these two records as needing to be resync'ed repeatedly. Thought it was resolved but alas, no.

I have attached the before and after rename shots.

I don't want to waste you time with this but do let me if curiosity will makes you want to dig deeper! :)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 10:41:21 am »

I think the sort in the Capture2 is in sync order as applied to the file load as it was a filter from the Sync View on the SSD. Howvever, I did go to the Audio>Albums view and notice these files had an "_" so I removed them and still the Recheck Sync is showing these two records as needing to be resync'ed repeatedly. Thought it was resolved but alas, no.

I have attached the before and after rename shots.

I don't want to waste you time with this but do let me if curiosity will makes you want to dig deeper! :)

The last irregularity is that those two files are missing apostrophes in the track name. You can see that it has been replaced with an underscore in the filename and is not present in the database. My guess is that the apostrophe may be some type of weird unicode character. I would rewrite the track names, re-run RMC on the files so that the filenames reflect the correct character, and then try a resync.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 12:15:34 pm »

The last irregularity is that those two files are missing apostrophes in the track name. You can see that it has been replaced with an underscore in the filename and is not present in the database. My guess is that the apostrophe may be some type of weird unicode character. I would rewrite the track names, re-run RMC on the files so that the filenames reflect the correct character, and then try a resync.
I had removed the underscore in the previous step and did an update tags from library then resync check. Expanding on your suggestion...

• I removed both files from the library and then resync do they were deleted on the SSD
  • I re-added them with a manual import. Checked the tags to ensure they were correct
  • Added to my playlist then sync to SSD
They are back on SSD and guess what on Resync Check they are now back In Queue needing an update.

Tried the following as well to recreate new records in the database:
  • I removed both files from the library and then resync do they were deleted on the SSD
  • Renamed the files on disk to add "TempFilename" to both tracks
  • Files were automatically discovered by JR. Checked the tags to ensure they were correct
  • Added to my playlist then sync to SSD
They are back on SSD and guess what on Resync Check they are now back In Queue needing an update. So, I completely deleted the whole album from the library and re-imported from source. Same thing with these two tracks (and now there is an apostrophe in the filename).

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 12:26:13 pm »

Have you overwritten (re-written) the track names? It's possible that the yadb has a weird character in it.

Another thing you can try is to filter the filename written to the sync target using the Clean(,3) function in the Audio Filename Rule.

Code: [Select]
clean([Track #] - [Artist] - [Name],3)
...or something similar.

MikeO3

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2019, 06:50:00 am »

I tried the Clean File Properties and also the Clean() function however there is nothing illegal to alter it appears. I have also put these two files on a different target SSD and they exhibit the same behavior of needing resync every time they are resync checked. The Last Modified is last evening when I refreshed the tags on the source and target.

I have also validated the music files extensions are still excluded from AV in case they were being checked.

Anyway, enough time spent. It can remain in the strange but true column and I will update this thread if anything changes or this problem disappears.
Pages: [1]   Go Up