INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AC3 broken in broadcast tv  (Read 1037 times)

tvmandan

• Recent member
AC3 broken in broadcast tv
« on: October 08, 2019, 05:19:58 am »

I am having an issue with the latest version of media center.

I'm in Australia. When I play an HD channel that broadcasts ac3 sound the sound either stops entirely or loops the first 1 second of audio over and over again.

Is this a known issue?

I've tried playing a movie file with ac3 audio and it was fine.

It just seems to be broadcast live tv. I've recorded an HD broadcast and when I play it back the audio is fine. Only live TV broadcast ac3 seems to be broken.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: AC3 broken in broadcast tv
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 05:34:54 am »

I'm an Aussie and haven't seen the issue... but rarely play live TV.

What channels exhibit the problem?
Where are you located? i.e. Regional or city channels?
What TV tuner(s) are you using?

On the latest MC25.0.113?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tvmandan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 06:33:23 am »

I'm in Melbourne.
Ten HD exhibits the issue but only when played live. If I record then play back its fine.
TV tuner is an old Compro Videomate E700.
I'm on the latest version of media center and Windows 10 is completely up to date at the time of this post.
I read that the latest Windows update broke some parts of windows so its possible thats to blame.

I don't know exactly when this issue started but it would had to have been in the last few days to a week.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 04:56:56 pm »

I'm in Melbourne also. Funny, your Profile Local Time puts you 16 hours behind me!

I don't have any problem playing Ten HD, or any of the other channels that broadcast AC3.

There have been quite a few channel frequency and lineup changes over the last year or two. Maybe rescan your channels and see if the problem goes away. I rescanned a month or so back to pick up new channels and align with the OTA EPG again, after the EPG stopped making sense.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tvmandan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 06:29:38 am »

Thank you Roderick. A re-scan solved the problem. I feel a little silly but it must've been much longer than I remember since I last scanned.  :-\

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 06:03:06 pm »

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

I thought I scanned regularly, keeping up with the changes, until I scanned recently and realised it was two years since the last one! Life, it moves quickly.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 11:24:59 pm »

Yeah Melbourne here too, its crazy how often we need to scan to keep up to date. And then the sport is on standard def anyway...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 03:19:19 am »

I know! MotoGP on "1 0 Bold" kills me!

Just as well I usually watch it with friends who used to use Foxtel, and now use Kayo.  ;D

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 04:13:59 pm »

Hit me first with the tennis. Went to my brother’s place where there is Foxtel and couldn’t believe the difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up