INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon Music Playing With JRiver on Server  (Read 4433 times)

jaybe

• Recent member
Amazon Music Playing With JRiver on Server
« on: October 09, 2019, 06:30:09 am »

Trying to get Amazon Music playing through a web browser to work on my server. No luck.

I posted this issue on another forum and user "jriver" responded "You can use JRiver's WDM Driver to capture any sound from any program.  It acts as a Window audio driver."
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

When I asked how I got no answer. Hoping someone here can help. My tech knowledge in this area is not great.

I use JRiver (old version 19 I think) as a player on my homebuilt server running Server 2012 R2 as an OS. All the music is loaded on HDDs in the server. The server is networked but only to enable me to use JRemote from an iPad. The signal path is server to Auralic Vega DAC running JRiver, with JRiver controlled with JRemote. I occasionally use the Windows remote computer feature when I need to access the server directly.

So I can run Amazon Music on a web browser on the server but there is no music output (playing). However if I access the server remotely, Amazon plays on the controlling computer (not the server) through the remote connection window. So how can JRiver can be configured to play Amazon through JRiver and the DAC? I'm sure it has something to do with drivers but not sure how to get Amazon to talk to JRiver. FWIW I have some other radio station shortcuts on the server that I access directly that are associated with JR as the player so play through that without any problem.

Well this has become a lengthy post for a simple problem but want to get all the facts out so anyone might be able to help. Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Amazon Music Playing With JRiver on Server
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 07:09:19 am »

Did you try setting up the WDM Driver?  The instructions are in the link you quoted.

Try updating to MC25 if you have trouble.

jaybe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:27:23 am »

Will try later, thanks. Will this interfere with the current ASIO driver which is from the DAC manufacturer that the DAC is now using when I want to go back to playing music loaded on the server? Sorry for my lack of expertise here.

Absinthe

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:51:07 pm »

I played around with this a bit and can confirm if you set the WDM driver up as the wiki says, it will work.  The rub is Amazon Music played through a web browser is not very HD.  To get the truly HD recordings, your going to have to use the app

mirceadochia

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 09:28:23 am »

I confirm that WDM works well with Windows 11 (the wiki instructions are good)  and I can stream Amazon Hd Music through JRiver (MC 28).  :D :D
One can use the phone to remotely control the Amazon HD Music app running on the PC. Apps that work on Android are "Microsoft remote desktop", Anydesk or TeamViewer   

sherlynsell

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 08:51:02 am »

That's great! I'm working on it too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up