INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.170 available  (Read 2984 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.0.170 available
« on: May 06, 2003, 11:42:21 am »

Media Center 9.0.170 is available:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90170.exe

History:
1. Fixed: Download Manager was not registering correctly with system.
2. Fixed: Removing file from hard drive in playing now, with only one file, was not working.
3. Fixed: Data CD burning still wasn't working with some burner models such as Mitsumi.
4. Fixed: Wave files created with sound recorder wouldn't convert to mp3 correctly using the converter tool.
5. Fixed: Media Center was adding 0 at the end of XML files.
6. Changed: Added XML declaration to XML and MPL files generated by Media Center.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.0.170 available
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 12:09:18 pm »

Thanks for the xml fixes, Nikolay.

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 12:56:58 pm »

I installed MC with the primary account with full Administator rights in XP Pro.  However, additional user accounts with Limited rights cannot access MC.  You get the following message:

"Sorry, but you don't have enough rights to run the program. Please make sure you have at least Power Users rights"  

Looks like everything else works fine, it is just MC that won't run.  MC should run whether you have Adminstrator or Limited rights.

ZRocker

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 01:00:00 pm »

Bugs:
1. Sent To feature doesn't work for files located on a CD-R/RW.  Attempted to edit/read a .m3u file on a CD-RW with Send To Notepad and got 'invalid syntax' error on the filename to be opened.  Attempted to send a .MP3 file to an external sound editor...failed.  These Send To commands work fine with files located on hard drives.

dave63

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 01:14:04 pm »

If I try to play a ".ram" file, MC forces me to download the latest version of real1. After doing that (another 9M download) I am still unable to play withing MC. MC pops up with the following error:

Warning
Please select file(s) to play.

Am I missing somthing?

Dave63

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 01:23:30 pm »

In one of our FAQ's there is a link to a RealPlayer download.  Real keeps moving things around.

Edit -- it's here:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1038006816

TimB

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2003, 02:17:01 pm »

XML file now loads into Netscape 7.02.

Thanks!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2003, 04:09:11 pm »

I found somthing out today on how MC9 handles JPG And GIF files and thinking back i have seen this before with coverart.

when you take a GIF image that has a JPG extender on it MC9 does not check to make sure if it is a GIF or A JPG.

and it should take that in account so that the coverart will display in MC9 no matter if the extender is right or wrong.

I have seen this problem when MC9 scans for cover art and MC9 gets a file that it thinks is a jpg file but it is really a gif file.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ashmason

• Ok! :)
Re: Media Center 9.0.170 available - No more sync!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2003, 08:56:39 pm »

:o
Curse me for a fool!  I upgraded and now I can't sync to my Ipod, I get a file transfer error on ALL my playlists.

Worst of all I managed to clear my Ipod, so am now without music...  grrr...

Help! :)

Ashley

System info:
Media Center 9.0.170 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 515 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 81 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2003, 04:49:30 am »

I installed MC with the primary account with full Administator rights in XP Pro.  However, additional user accounts with Limited rights cannot access MC.  You get the following message:

"Sorry, but you don't have enough rights to run the program. Please make sure you have at least Power Users rights"  

Looks like everything else works fine, it is just MC that won't run.  MC should run whether you have Adminstrator or Limited rights.

I'm having the same problem as well!! For MJ8, I just had to export the HKCU-keys of MJ & reimport them in another user to make it work, but this one doesn't seem to work with MC9 anymore :( I get the above mentioned error!

please fix this, my little sister shouldn't be Power User, she would install a lot of crap & ruin the system in 5 minutes.

Thanks
Raist

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2003, 05:22:04 am »

Friendly reminder:

I've got dbl click behavior set to "Add to Playing Now (play next)". With nothing playing, I dbl click on a track in Media Library (say the 63rd track). MC copied the entire ML list into PN (order was retained) and started playing the song (#63) I had dbl clicked on. PN was cleared properly (in the past, sometimes it wasn't). Problem surfaces whether PN is empty or populated. Doesn't appear to happen if the "Start Playing when file..." box is un-checked. Note that problem is somewhat intermittant, but happens more often than not. I am not alone on this.

10-27

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2003, 05:35:14 am »

Ashley,

Verify that the links to your files are correct by selecting a file that is not synching and try to play it. What happens when you synch a playlist?

Steve

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2003, 06:46:40 am »

I'm having the same problem as well!! For MJ8, I just had to export the HKCU-keys of MJ & reimport them in another user to make it work, but this one doesn't seem to work with MC9 anymore :( I get the above mentioned error!

please fix this, my little sister shouldn't be Power User, she would install a lot of crap & ruin the system in 5 minutes.

This is certainly a show stopper for computers set up to run multiple users.  I set up a computer for the kids to use, but they can't use MC unless I give them Administrator rights.  I don't want the kids to be able to download either, so I can appreciate your concerns.  Hopefully, we can get JRiver to address the problem.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2003, 07:18:49 am »

We can't easily make Media Center work with only Users permissions. We would have to make a lot of modifications in the source code as well as move registry entries and file locations.

We will change this in MC 10.

Nikolay

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2003, 08:00:18 am »

Same as in build 168 & 169.  170 plays from my new CDR drive, but the exported xml file will not import into Access, nor will the ascii file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 9.0.170 available - No more sync!
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2003, 08:12:32 am »

I upgraded and now I can't sync to my Ipod, I get a file transfer error on ALL my playlists.

Worst of all I managed to clear my Ipod, so am now without music

Please use the iPod thread for this.  You might read some of the messages before posting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up