INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to modify the text in a "custom" tag?  (Read 538 times)

h.flemming

• Recent member
  • HJF Consulting
How to modify the text in a "custom" tag?
« on: October 10, 2019, 04:42:20 pm »

Hello
I am constructing a primarily classical database.  I wish to create a Column tag called "SubGenre".   When I right click on the column header I get a list of predefined tags that I can use.  If I select "custom", the column heading becomes "custom".  How do I edit "custom" to become the desired "SubGenre" which is not part of the predefined list?

I assume this a simple procedure that I am overlooking.  Your collective help would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Howard

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to modify the text in a "custom" tag?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 05:09:03 pm »

You can create your own SubGenre field and define its values if you want. Tools - Options - Library & Folders - Manage Library Fields. Add a new String or List field and add Acceptable Values if you want. If you want to write it to the files in addition to having it in the library, check Save in File Tags.  You can use the Genre field as a guide.

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 05:30:27 pm »

The right click menu you describe is simply allowing you to choose what columns are displayed, and the list is of the existing database fields.

Create the SubGenre field using the procedure dtc describes.  Then you will find SubGenre appears on that right click menu and you will be able to add it as a column, or you will be able to add it to the tag editor panel.  You would then be able to edit it in either place.

h.flemming

• Recent member
  • HJF Consulting
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 06:19:04 pm »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up