INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Handheld keeps re-syncing major portions of my library  (Read 468 times)

AudioBen

Sync Handheld keeps re-syncing major portions of my library
« on: October 11, 2019, 03:42:58 pm »

Hi,

I'm new to using jriver and am having issues with the handheld sync function wanting to re-sync most, if not all, of my music library every time I connect my SR15, even if nothing has changed in my library.  I found a previous post linked below of someone who had the basically the exact same issue I'm having albeit with an older version of jriver.  I read through that post as well as the other posts that it had linked and I have found no resolution for this issue and none of the suggestions have resolved the issue for me.  Is this a common issue... is there a resolution for it?  It has become beyond frustrating at this point as it takes a couple hours to sync my entire library.

Other post I found detailing the issue:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=114495.0

Running Windows 10 64-bit
Media Center 25.0.113 (64-bit) Windows
Connecting a AK SR15
I'm syncing the music to the micro sd not the internal storage if that makes a difference

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync Handheld keeps re-syncing major portions of my library
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 11:20:15 am »

Usually the culprit are strange characters in the filenames that the disk filesystem does not support or filenames that are too long. You may have luck parsing the filename through Clean() in the output filename settings of the handheld.
Pages: [1]   Go Up