INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plays 1 frame of any video, then crashes  (Read 1095 times)

DeaneG

• World Citizen
Plays 1 frame of any video, then crashes
« on: October 12, 2019, 10:18:24 pm »

[EDITED: any video will crash after 1 frame, not just TV] Help! I just moved my PC, monitor, and tuners to a different location in my house, and all video viewing functions broke. Logfile attached later in 2 pieces. The symptom is that when viewing any video file or live TV, I get only one frame of video with no sound, then JRiver exits to the desktop without any error message. Nothing else seems wrong with the PC - PowerDVD still works and I can watch mp4 files though windows 10 movies app, HDhomerun's live TV app works fine. I didn't change any drivers etc, just unplugged everything, moved the equipment, then plugged it back in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 25.0.113. Any ideas? Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Get 1 frame of recorded or live TV, then crash
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:36:28 pm »

Do you run network tuners? I can't remember.

If so, the tuners may have different IP Addresses now, or their could be other differences due to a network configuration change, like tuners being connected to a different subnet, or via a Switch instead of direct to a Router, of a change from ethernet to Wi-Fi or vice versa.

Re-run TV setup.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 10:50:48 pm »

Yes, I have networked tuners, and will re-run tv setup. I don't have high hopes this will help, as watching previously recorded tv has the same issue. We were able to watch the exact same pre-recorded jtvs without problem before moving the PC and tuners.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 11:27:17 pm »

Redoing TV setup made no difference. I split the logfiles into two pieces for posting.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:28:07 pm »

Second half of the log file.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
Re: Plays 1 frame of any video, then crashes
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 11:39:50 pm »

Edited first post: any video file will crash, including live TV. Maybe this should be moved to the Windows section.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 02:03:13 am »

Probably a video driver problem.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 09:56:55 am »

I though so too, but switching the monitor video connection from GTX970 (PCIE) video to the Intel CPU's GPU video didn't change the problem. Also updated the GTX970 driver, no change.
The only thing I can think of in the move was my abrupt power-down of the CPU while in sleep mode - I didn't shut it down first.
Red October Standard vs HQ both have the same behavior.
Could I have corrupted the LAV filters or setting? Any way to restore them to defaults? I already uninstalled and reinstalled media center with no change.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 05:32:33 pm »

The Crash Dump may have the exact answer, but I've never had luck reading those. I did have a bit of a look and the dump indicated a memory access violation related to the JRPlayer.
These log lines tell the story partly;

0051531: 1196: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0051531: 1196: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 33769, wParam: 2358846564240, lParam: 1
0051531: 1196: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: MCC: 34004, Param: 16777218

MCC 34004 is;
34004   MCC_NOTIFY_PLAYER_INFO_CHANGED   PLAYER_INFO_CHANGES nChange

It looks to me like your Zones are mucked up, and MC is trying to play to something that it can't play to.

What type of Zones are you trying to play to? DLNA or direct connection? For audio I mean, since it sounds like you are playing to a connected monitor on the PC.

Maybe try deleting the Zone you are playing to and recreating it?

But I am guessing a bit here.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »

Thank you very much for having a look. Audio was supposed to be playing to an optical 5.1 connection. I decided to go scorched earth and "reset" windows 10, and reinstall Media Center. We'll see.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 08:21:51 pm »

Working again now after "reset" of windows 10 and fresh installation of Media Center without restoring the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up