INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown (for me) view of Playlist without column headings  (Read 593 times)

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Unknown (for me) view of Playlist without column headings
« on: October 13, 2019, 09:43:58 am »

This is the style of Playlist I usually see - similar to choosing "Audio" on the main screen

I've been helping someone compile a playlist for his monthly presentation to a group of retired people.  He is a beginner, has extensive musical knowledge but no computer skills whatever

He showed me his playlist which has a large album cover picture covering a quarter of the screen, with the track info to the right.   I have never seen this before and don't know how to get it back to the conventional display

There are no column headings

Assistance would indeed be appreciated
If music be the food of love, play on

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unknown (for me) view of Playlist without column headings
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:16:42 pm »

All views have several "list styles" to choose from.  Playlists share these list styles.  Your friend probably hit a funny key sequence by accident that changed the list style on that playlist.  Or perhaps he did what I'm going to show you below...

To change the list style:

1.  Look up at the Playlist (or view) name that is shown just below the Playing Now information area.  It should be the name of the playlist.  You'll see that there's a small down arrow right next to the name of the playlist.
2.  Click on that down arrow and you'll get a menu.  The top item is "List Style."  Click that.
3.  Now you can select your list style.  It sounds like your friend is using "Tile" style.  Select "details" instead and you'll see the view you are most used to seeing.

I hope that helps you.

Brian.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Unknown (for me) view of Playlist without column headings
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 06:47:32 am »

All views have several "list styles" to choose from.  Playlists share these list styles.  Your friend probably hit a funny key sequence by accident that changed the list style on that playlist.  Or perhaps he did what I'm going to show you below...

To change the list style:

1.  Look up at the Playlist (or view) name that is shown just below the Playing Now information area.  It should be the name of the playlist.  You'll see that there's a small down arrow right next to the name of the playlist.
2.  Click on that down arrow and you'll get a menu.  The top item is "List Style."  Click that.
3.  Now you can select your list style.  It sounds like your friend is using "Tile" style.  Select "details" instead and you'll see the view you are most used to seeing.

I hope that helps you.

Brian.

Yes thanks, that fixed it

I told him to let me do it for him next time, save many hours

Chris
If music be the food of love, play on
Pages: [1]   Go Up