INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 25 for Mac with Raspberry P3 3 Endpoint - Audio Always Loops/Stops  (Read 600 times)

johnnypaddock

• Recent member

Hello,

I'm having a serious issue with JRiver MC 25 for Mac. It started a few weeks ago when I was using MC 24. I've since installed a fresh version of MC 25 (version 25.0.108 64-bit) and I'm still getting the issue.

I'm currently running MC 25 on a 2012 Mac Mini (SSD, 16GB RAM, i5), sending to a dedicated Raspberry Pi 3 (Volumio OS) computer as a renderer. Anytime I play music, things start out working perfectly. However usually within an hour or two, MC gets stuck looping a 5 second section of music a few times, and no audio comes out. Once this happens I can't get it to play anything until I re-start the program.

This happens on all types of FLAC files with different bitrates. I don't currently play DSD files, and I've never had any issues in the past with dropouts/hiccups at all.

I'm a long time JRiver user and this is the first time I've ever run into a serious technical issue. I've created a new error log but the file is too large to attach. If someone could please offer some suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I'm willing to take any steps necessary to get up and running again. Thanks in advance.

Joe

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 25 for Mac with Raspberry P3 3 Endpoint - Audio Always Loops/Stops
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 04:19:00 pm »

I'll give that a try here and see what we can see.
The most likely thing is that the volumio pi has restarted or volumio on it has crashed and restarted automatically so the state of the render has been lost.

johnnypaddock

• Recent member
Re: MC 25 for Mac with Raspberry P3 3 Endpoint - Audio Always Loops/Stops
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »

Thank you so much. In the meantime I'm going to try a different OS on the Pi to see if that takes care of it. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up