INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 64300 times)

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2019, 06:26:11 pm »

Another request:
Make a GUI for custom resources and include settings in library backup. This instead of the current need to copy and edit xml. Just to keep things simple for users when updating multiple PC's every year.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2019, 06:36:45 pm »

My final idea/request (for now):

When backing up a library add an option to include thumbnails and possibly Cover Art folder (yes it will be large).

When importing a library add the option to only import certain pieces of it. Each item could have the option to overwrite or addend current.

Pieces I can think of off the top of my head:
- Custom Resources
- Database
- Auto Import folders/options
- Views Standard
- Views Theatre
- Custom Fields
- Podcasts
- Playlists
- Smartlists
- Tag Window Options
- Zones

Not only would it make it easier to copy settings between PCs, it would make it easier for different users to share configurations.

nitephlight

• World Citizen
« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2019, 10:26:10 pm »

When backing up a library add an option to include thumbnails and possibly Cover Art folder (yes it will be large).

When importing a library add the option to only import certain pieces of it. Each item could have the option to overwrite or addend current.

seconded (if possible at all)

a couple i've made some workarounds for but could be helpful. if i'm crazy and these things are already possible, would love to be called out! (:

1. floating tag window, or allow tagging UI as an overlay while playing a video (so that i dont have to exit full-screen to select Keywords or add Notes)

2. maybe a new feature under Cover Art menu that generates contact sheet style thumbnail grids and sets as the cover art. user can define in settings the number of rows, columns etc.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2019, 07:59:49 am »

My final idea/request (for now):

Pieces I can think of off the top of my head:
- Custom Resources
- Database
- Auto Import folders/options
- Views Standard
- Views Theatre
- Custom Fields
- Podcasts
- Playlists
- Smartlists
- Tag Window Options
- Zones

Not only would it make it easier to copy settings between PCs, it would make it easier for different users to share configurations.

Great idea and great reasons. Possibly include in this list:

- Custom Track Info Art (or whatever its officially called)

C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Data\Custom Art

Its the user created optional replacement image that gets used instead of MC's default image for Track Info when an audio file has no album art. You can choose your own image! I think you have to rename the image to logo.jpg. But it doesn't get copied during version upgrades so you have to copy it yourself every time you upgrade.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2019, 10:42:58 am »

I also think party mode needs some love.

1) When removing a track often dialogues come up like "do you want to remove from the media library" or something (can't remember exact steps to repro). It doesn't happen permanently but this is misleading and a little frightening.

2) By default "playing now" list should appear.

3) It would be good to get the "playing now" window to persist all the time. For instance when I go to AUDIO -> Files .. and select a track under there it will disappear. Not particularly user friendly for those not familiar with MC.

3) The default mode should add a selected queue to a visible playlist (e.g. playing now), otherwise people can accidentally (or on purpose if drunk enough ;) ) stop the current music playing.

4) See (3). Would be nice to have an option to stop people from cancelling or deleting playlist items altogether.

Ultimately it would be nice to have something really user friendly, make it just like a jukebox... hey why not make it look like a jukebox?

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2019, 11:41:09 am »

The ability to freeze/lock columns in standard view.

We will do

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2019, 08:50:57 pm »

Integration with TuneIn Radio. 
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2019, 08:54:21 am »

Queue Convert Format requests, so even if a set is converting you can add others to the list.

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2019, 08:55:15 am »

Fill Properties from any other field, not just Filename.

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2019, 09:32:37 am »

Add more Library Tools buttons to the customize toolbar function.  Commonly used ones for me are:

Fill Track Numbers from List Order
Rename, Move & Copy Files
Fill Properties from Filename
Move / Copy Fields
Find/ Replace

All the button needs to do is pop up the specific function.

Done

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2019, 10:05:02 am »

Have the check box for Start over each album in Fill Track Numbers from List Order be unchecked by default, or better, remember the last setting. 

The default setting is the opposite of my use case, which is almost always to combine multi-CD tracks into 1 set.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2019, 10:21:59 am »

Add more Library Tools buttons to the customize toolbar function.  Commonly used ones for me are:

Fill Track Numbers from List Order
Rename, Move & Copy Files
Fill Properties from Filename
Move / Copy Fields
Find/ Replace

All the button needs to do is pop up the specific function.

Next build of MC26:
NEW: Added the toolbar button "Fill Track Numbers From List Order", "Rename, Move, & Copy Files", and "Fill Properties From Filename".

Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2019, 11:04:35 am »

Have the check box for Start over each album in Fill Track Numbers from List Order be unchecked by default, or better, remember the last setting. 

The default setting is the opposite of my use case, which is almost always to combine multi-CD tracks into 1 set.

Next build of MC26:
Changed: The setting for "Start over each album" is saved between shows of the Fill Track Numbers From List Order dialog.

Thanks for the idea :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2019, 12:52:35 pm »

Next build of MC26:
Changed: The setting for "Start over each album" is saved between shows of the Fill Track Numbers From List Order dialog.

Can we have a similar function for Episode number, with the ability to start over for each season? For Video, of course.

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2019, 01:26:14 pm »

Next build of MC26:

Thank you, sir!

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2019, 02:30:49 pm »

Another request:

The stock standard views called "Files" in each of the Audio, Video etc. Media Type trees be renamed to Audio Files, Video Files etc. ("[Media Type] Files", generically-speaking).

That way when multiple tabs are open in Standard View, all the views called "Files" can be distinguished from one another at a glance, without needing to delve into each one.

Currently I rename them manually, but I think it would be a useful default for everyone.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2019, 02:58:30 pm »

Add a default subtitle position option, e.g., to force subtitle position to bottom of window.

audioriver

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:45 pm »

An old one: proper file type descriptions for Windows Explorer. "Media Center file" for all files is not good.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,73054.0.html
Windows 10 Pro x64

Roma

• Recent member
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2019, 12:44:14 am »

To JRiver team, my request:

Make Group Delay correction, maybe you know there is such a function in Dirac Live.
It’s probably difficult to implement, it will take a lot of time but... maybe in J.river 28  :).

Best regards,
Roma

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2019, 11:41:29 am »

Make it so that on a multi-disc album, the user can choose to play the specific disc. By this I mean:

Play
Play Disc #: (dropdown choice)
Play (shuffled)
Play (with Play Doctor)

Same with add to playing now.

And obviously, the ability to do both in JRemote.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2019, 11:55:22 am »

This should be a simple request.  I've asked before for this.  I read you are cleaning up subtitles.  I would like to see a tag field that shows if subtitles are present in the file.  Even better would be what type of subtitles are present (.ass, .srt, etc).

Thanks for a great product!

Chris

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2019, 12:04:43 pm »

It would be nice to have a visual indication at what volume level JRiver is set at even when the program window is completely minimized. I do not want the Mini View floating in the background all the time or have to switch and maximize JRiver just to see what volume I'm at... The same way when one is pressing certain keys in Windows e.g. "caps lock" an indicator pops up either near the center of the screen or the bottom corner.

JRiver in my computer is always running in the background (minimized) and I route Firefox, Spotify, Amazon Music, Netflix etc. audio into JRiver. I adjust volume using my keyboard's volume shortcut keys. There needs to be an option to enable the display of an indicator when certain shortcut keys are pressed e.g. mute, volume increase (dB or %) and decrease at the very least. I tire of having to switch into and out from the main JRiver program window.

More and more people are using the WDM driver for streaming services etc. 'Visual' ergonomics and useability is more important than one might realize...

Oh, and maybe find a way to incorporate the Microsoft Surface Dial as a remote control device -- even just for some simple tasks at remote volume control etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=D_lWKgBo3tk

Surface Dial Control Software: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/hicomputer-elephant

Seamless integration with control devices like the Surface Dial (lots of potential) would be a big plus!

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2019, 01:02:42 pm »

Oh, and maybe find a way to incorporate the Microsoft Surface Dial as a remote control device -- even just for some simple tasks at remote volume control etc.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

JHR

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2019, 01:05:14 pm »

Probably not able to do this, but...

• ability to integrate my local JRiver MC library from the Sonos app
  • ability to integrate the new JRiver streaming service from within the Sonos app

I'm late to the Sonos party, and I understand these probably aren't doable, but they would make life easier.

FWIW, JRiver successfully recognizes my Sonos speaker as a zone, and I can switch zones in JRiver and JRemote and, with the right settings on the Sonos zone, even get JRiver to transcode high definition FLAC to a setting that the Sonos supports. Sounds great!

But--zone switching in JRemote is a PITA (you can't do it unless you're in settings, pretty much), and pretty flaky too--I have to restart JRemote a lot of times for it to work. It would be so great to have a local DLNA JRiver view within the Sonos app itself (I dunno--maybe Plex inside Sonos would connect as a network client? Is that a viable workaround?).

This would also be terrific for the new streaming JRiver service, though I understand it would have to be 16/44 FLAC stream.

I also understand if this can't be done. I just want to make things easier to integrate and switch apps less often :)

bee

« Reply #124 on: November 01, 2019, 06:26:10 am »

1. This feature I found in trackstore and it is sooo useful:
right-click a track gives you the option "search for playlists" which then gives a pop up with a list of all the playlists containing this track. Then you can click one of those.

2. Short cut to Audio (e.g. in the custumize toolbar?): When I have the tree of the playlists open I need to scroll miles up to get to the "audio" button. - Done

Any chances for those?

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2019, 10:03:15 am »

I would love a "silent auto update in the background" feature. It would download the latest MC version from the subscribed channel, and auto-update on the background when closing the application. Like Google Chrome does.

Good Idea
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2019, 10:07:54 am »

I would love a "silent auto update in the background" feature. It would download the latest MC version from the subscribed channel, and auto-update on the background when closing the application. Like Google Chrome does.
I agree.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2019, 05:17:05 pm »

I might have got lost on my way to the too easy thread...

change the way sort order is described from (a-z) or (z-a) to ascending/descending or make the text use context sensitive

for example, "Duration (a-z)" is rather obtuse to say the least

Done

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2019, 06:38:07 pm »

In 'Drives and Devices', when browsing a music collection path, can we please also have 'Show Only Files NOT in Library'?

Good Idea

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2019, 02:18:41 pm »

Please add the ability to burn a CD compilation to the Mac version as in the Windows version. I know it was decided for us that we didn't need it but I really miss creating CD compilations not only for my car, but to give out . Also, to friends when I turn someone on to a new artist I'll make them a CD of a few tracks which usually leads to them purchasing the retail albums.

Would like to know if this will ever be implemented. I'm in need of a new MAC and I'll go back to MC for Win if I can't get ever have this on the MAC.

JunoAudio

• Recent member
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2019, 05:55:52 am »

Fully implement Multimedia Class Scheduler Service

Set JRiver to High (23-26) - This category is designed for Pro Audio tasks.
Is there any scope for improving JRiver’s windows priority by higher I/O rate, changing windows power profile?

And if possible staying away from congested CPU core 1 on the audio process.

Looking forward to MC26.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2019, 09:41:23 am »

Fully implement Multimedia Class Scheduler Service

Set JRiver to High (23-26) - This category is designed for Pro Audio tasks.
Is there any scope for improving JRiver’s windows priority by higher I/O rate, changing windows power profile?

And if possible staying away from congested CPU core 1 on the audio process.

Looking forward to MC26.

Implemented 9 years ago:

15.0.110 (9/14/2010)

1. NEW: Core audio engine uses "Multimedia Class Scheduler Service" on Vista and newer to promote the main audio delivery thread to a higher priority.

MC automatically uses Multimedia Class Scheduler Service (MCSS) in an ideal way.  There's no need to adjust anything.

JunoAudio

• Recent member
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2019, 11:33:57 am »

Excellent news, thanks.

Staying away from congested CPU core 1 on the audio process would be beneficial in MC26.

Does this include windows power profiles, this maybe useful in MC26 ?

Thanks.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2019, 06:23:58 am »

How about support for handling video with H.265 encoding?  For playback, metadata editing and as a media conversion option.

Hardware these days is quite a bit more powerful than when MC first started, it'd be handy to have support for this.  Especially with playback over bandwidth-constrained channels (like cell data or other remote links).

Granted, spinning rust disk space is cheaper than ever, but as more folks move to SSD the spectre of limited space comes back from the grave.  Especially with 4K and greater resolutions.   

H.265 is seeing a lot of growth, it'd be nice to have MC support it in a robust manner.

jondavis

• World Citizen
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2019, 03:39:36 pm »

Just thought I would add that instead of always streaming, you can download and watch movies from like Amazon and Netflix via Playon (which is on sale now).

kss225

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2019, 09:35:28 am »

Some of us are vision impaired so it was disappointing to see Version 25 make you use a smaller font to not mess up the line that shows File -Amazon AMG Google etc.  I hope you keep us in mind and maybe cut the size of the player field at the top and make larger font sizes available that work for us like in older versions.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2019, 09:49:25 am »

Some of us are vision impaired so it was disappointing to see Version 25 make you use a smaller font to not mess up the line that shows File -Amazon AMG Google etc.  I hope you keep us in mind and maybe cut the size of the player field at the top and make larger font sizes available that work for us like in older versions.
You could try the Size option under the View Menu.
You could also try increasing the font size in MC's Options for Tree and View.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2019, 12:04:57 pm »

Dont know if i am the only who wants this but i think a good idea would be a new core comand (or keyboard shortcut) to switch audio out device.

For example to change between hdmi, usb or any other installed audio device (same like them which showed in option---> audio menu).
Can be done with Zones and ctrl-t.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2019, 12:09:36 pm »

I would love to be able to access meta data from Panel.
In Playing Now, click on the cover art.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2019, 12:21:54 pm »

Introduction of popup messages to indicate the song being played (I like the management of musicbee which also lets you indicate how many seconds the popup should display at the end of the song and how many at the beginning)
Obviously it can be enabled and disabled
Good idea

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2019, 02:12:47 pm »

Please explain in more detail.
I've been missing kind of view (especially in theaterview and jremote) which shows common data for grouped objects. So e.g. for Series Seasons I could see Series information then when I go to season and I could see information common to that season. Similarly for music Artist data >> album data. Currently we can only see detailed information on track level. For Artist I could be interested e.g for bio, genres & such. On album level maybe reviews etc. All the information for the grouped views could still come from the individual tracks which that group includes.

Inluded some images / fast mockups using current design to illustrate... picture 02 is not possible currently and it is just a quick mockup but which I would assume wouldn't be that hard to implement to existing design and wouldn't break current navigation. Of course there must be way then to tell what to show when there are multiple level of groupings e.g. Artist >> Album >> Track so that Artist level would show diferent data thatn album level...

Good Idea

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2019, 03:20:03 pm »

I 100% agree with Lepa.  I'd love to be able to show information relevant for the specific group you're looking at.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2019, 07:35:06 pm »

Hey there. I ask this feature or implementation a while ago, but seems it was forgotten. So i will try again maybe it will be a lucky day, when you gone implemented a sort to left/center/right on thumbnail views?. I'm trying some views and arrange my data in this view, but the problem is that you cant fix your title to right or left because you have different size of char. And a better solution is to implemented this feature because we have that choice in file view. Cross finger :).
I can do some work around on the right side of text, by adding some space and count the number of space needed it, but the problem is, if you change the size of thumbnail all the work is wasted so you gone take it from zero.

Done

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2019, 09:54:04 am »

Please explain in more detail.

Hi Jim,

What I'd like to accomplish would basically mirror what other products offer, without relying on databases from 3rd parties.

This would be much more powerful under MC IMO, because of the endless customization possibilities. Having a way to define user-specified fields for grouped items would allow the creation of detailed views (artist, composer, album, label, genre, etc.) with specific information retrieved from those fields (description, review, location, members, production notes, etc.).

A simple example :
For classical music views, I like to sort composers by year of birth (YOB) or year of death (YOD). To do this with the current version of MC, I could either :
  • create specific fields/tags at the track-level (Composer YOB and Composer YOD) OR,
  • include the YOB and YOD in the Composer tag at the track-level (i.e., Richard Wagner (1813-1883)) OR,
  • create a calculated-field with an IfElse switch depending on the composer.

Having a user-friendly way to define fields at the Composer-level (or artist-level, album-level, genre-level, etc.) would be so much easier :)

Thanks for considering this !

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2019, 10:13:04 am »

Hey there. I ask this feature or implementation a while ago, but seem it wasn't hearded or forgotted. So i will try again maybe it will be a lucky day, when you gone implemented a sort to left/center/right on thumbnail views?. I'm trying some views and arrange my data in this view, but the problem is that you cant fix your title to right or left because you have different size of char. And a better solution is to implemented this feature because we have that choice in file view. Cross finger :).
I can do some work around on the right side of text, by adding some space and count the number of space needed it, but the problem is, if you change the size of thumbnail all the work is wasted so you gone take it from zero.

I like this one.

Coming next build of MC26:
NEW: Added the ability to set the text alignment used for thumbnail lists.

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2019, 02:24:19 pm »

@Matt. You make my heart beat twice 🤗
Thank you!!!

Cryptographer

• Recent member
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2019, 05:00:13 am »

Can you please add Support for IPTV?

You did a lot for physical tuners. But unfortunately we do not have such tuners anymore.
We receive everything by the internet account, even TV and radio.

Here are the lists for German Telekom Entertain IPTV:
https://iptv.blog/artikel/multicastadressliste/

(Though it's in German, I think it's easily to identify what I mean.)

Sample from the page (file playlist.m3u):

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,(1) Das Erste
rtp://@239.35.10.4:10000

#EXTINF:-1,(2) ZDF
rtp://@239.35.10.5:10000

#EXTINF:-1,(3) RTL
rtp://@239.35.20.10:10000

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2019, 11:58:45 am »

HEIC Support please!  All iphones now use it by default since IOS 11

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2019, 09:08:12 am »

1. On the "Finished" handheld sync action window, please include a link to go back to the sync status page for that device

I'm adding this to the next build of MC26.  Thanks for the idea!

NEW: Added a button to show the device on the handheld sync page (or sync complete page).

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2019, 01:19:42 pm »

just throwing in my lot with my semi-annual  plea for a superior compression codec to replace MP3 for streaming to apple/android devices
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up