INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 64650 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2020, 07:11:10 pm »

NEW: Ctrl+Alt+F opens the find and replace window.
Fantastic! Thanks Matt.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #301 on: March 04, 2020, 07:39:55 am »

Forbigd  I think this is what you're requesting https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121770.0 It sounded like the MC team was onboard with making this a reality but then they stopped responding to the thread.  This would be a great new feature that would add a lot of functionality.

That is it exactly, thanks. I see it looks difficult to do. Standard View has all the options one needs, but it doesn't handle a remote control well. I would just as soon give up Theater View and concentrate on Standard if I could use a remote to select what I want. An Air mouse works but is imprecise and takes talent to use. The Wife thinks Standard is too complicated, and prefers Theater. So what are you going to do? :)

Don

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #302 on: March 08, 2020, 08:34:28 am »

I posted this elsewhere but as there was no comments i am reposting here....

I would like to see within Playing Now the ability to see what is being streamed to Android devices.  This is missing and should be included - maybe including the IP address or user  information.

Can this feature be added?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:52 am »

In 'Drives and Devices', when browsing a music collection path, can we please also have 'Show Only Files NOT in Library'?

Good Idea

Coming next build:
NEW: Explorer views show a mode combobox to allow choosing showing all files, imported files, or not imported files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2020, 10:19:01 am »

An easy request to make sorting in Views easier to manage:

When setting up or viewing a custom sort, please make the dialogue box wide enough to show the longest standard or custom fields being shown, as well as the direction of the sort, ascending or descending (a-z or z-a). Perhaps make the dialogue box adjustable, or make it automatically as wide as the widest field it is showing. Currently, I have to look at the column header to see if a sort if ascending or descending, which sometimes means temporarily adding the field to a column if it isn't already there, or moving it so can see it when managing sort order Presets.

See attached image.
My custom "Album Artist (auto)" sort (Yellow) is ascending, but when I view the Preset definition I can't see that (Red). I can see it in the column header (Green).

Next build:
Changed: Made the sort window wider.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2020, 01:31:19 pm »

I would love to be able to disable/remove Burn and Rip disc options in Action window. I haven't had a physical disc drive since the early '00 so these options are just in the way. It would be perfect to be able to disable it in Options > CD, DVD, BD :)

Next build:
NEW: Added CD ripping and burning to Options > General > Features.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #306 on: March 10, 2020, 09:37:38 pm »

Get Cover Art

Allow manual entry of data for "Get from internet" lookup.
Perhaps populate an edit box with default data that user can modify?

Reason?  If you have several versions of same album you might give album slightly different names to differentiate i.e A Love Supreme [sacd]  A Love Supreme [CD]

Sometimes the lookup will fail because of this
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2020, 11:52:22 pm »

Get Cover Art

Reason?  If you have several versions of same album you might give album slightly different names to differentiate i.e A Love Supreme [sacd]  A Love Supreme [CD]

IMHO it’s better to create a separate field (something like “version”)

EDIT: it’s more flexible and neat which is important for managing collection ... you can create calculated field later that display “A Love Supreme [CD]” if you prefer it to be displayed like that
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #308 on: March 11, 2020, 09:18:39 am »

I would love to see 2 New/Additional Options added to "Fill Track numbers from List order" functionality

1st - For those of us with Multi-CD Albums can we please have the ability to "Restart at 1 on a change of Disc#"
2nd - For those of us who have a number of Albums with the same "Album Name" but are by different Album Artists (i.e. Greatest Hits Albums) can we please have an option that "Restarts at 1 on a change of Album Artist"

Both done next build.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Buldarged

• Recent member
« Reply #309 on: March 11, 2020, 09:30:00 am »

Easy one:
Warn about collisions in F6 Rename,Move, & Copy Files.

Medium one:
Provide a merging/spliting functionality of mp3 files.
I have lots of audiobooks that have files with a short duration e.g. one minute. This results in so many small files, that both MC and the file system have problems keeping up. While there are external tools available to merge these files together, they also alter the tags and a tedious re-import with manual tagging is necessary. A merge/split dialog in MC that first merges all tracks of an album (in track number order) and then splits them after designated duration would be wonderful.

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #310 on: March 11, 2020, 09:47:41 am »

IMHO it’s better to create a separate field (something like “version”)

EDIT: it’s more flexible and neat which is important for managing collection ... you can create calculated field later that display “A Love Supreme [CD]” if you prefer it to be displayed like that

Sorry, but I'm not sure if you're saying this can already be done with existing functionality? 
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #311 on: March 11, 2020, 10:13:02 am »

On the wiki, please read about tagging and custom tags.

I'll move this to a new thread.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #312 on: March 11, 2020, 10:32:56 am »

Sorry, but I'm not sure if you're saying this can already be done with existing functionality? 

Yes this can be done with existing functionality. Whole beauty of MC is you can create your own tags if MC default tags do not suit your needs. You can then use expression fields to present your tags.

For example, can create [Type] field and let it check [Sample Rate] and [File Type]. If [Sample Rate] I’d DSD then it’s SACD. If [Sample Rate] is 44.1 and [File Type] is one of lossless, then it’s CD.

First decide how you want things to look. For example for same album

1. Display version of albums in Album View with type added at the end of album name (A Live Supreme [CD], A Love Supreme [SACD], etc)
2. Display Album name in Album View ... when selected display tracks grouped by type (A Love Supreme in album view ... click on it and tracks are organized under CD, SACD, etc)

Then work out how to do that with Expressions and Custom Views.

I am not expert on this and my knowledge is very limited on specifics. But if you post well defined question on forum ... more knowledgeable ppl than me will surely help out

I just know it’s possible ... you should see extends ppl go to organized their classical collections lol
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: March 11, 2020, 10:33:26 am »

Easy one:
Warn about collisions in F6 Rename,Move, & Copy Files.

Medium one:
Provide a merging/spliting functionality of mp3 files.
I have lots of audiobooks that have files with a short duration e.g. one minute. This results in so many small files, that both MC and the file system have problems keeping up. While there are external tools available to merge these files together, they also alter the tags and a tedious re-import with manual tagging is necessary. A merge/split dialog in MC that first merges all tracks of an album (in track number order) and then splits them after designated duration would be wonderful.
Please start a new thread on the second one.  On the wiki, read about Linked Tracks and Stacks.  One of those might help.

henkeli

• Recent member
« Reply #314 on: March 11, 2020, 12:15:06 pm »

Is there any way to do child lockout of certain movies in library / theater view? My kids buzz around the theater room and I don't want them to be able to play American Psycho if I'm off in another room, for example.

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
« Reply #315 on: March 11, 2020, 12:27:32 pm »

I have kind of an oddball request. I generally like my custom playlist mixes to have more aggressive transitions between songs, with a little crossfade. I think it gives it a more Radio DJ feel and keeps the mix lively. But I don't want to make this a global change. Would it be possible to add a custom Crossfade option in the Playlist settings, which would override the default setting?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:30 pm »

Get Cover Art

One way of getting the right art into the albums you have added an identifier to is to do a lookup for the Album Art using an album with it's name unmodified and then use MC's Save Cover Art... option  and then for all the other albums instead of using the "Get from internet" option use the "Add from file.." option.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #317 on: March 11, 2020, 02:03:27 pm »

I have kind of an oddball request. I generally like my custom playlist mixes to have more aggressive transitions between songs, with a little crossfade. I think it gives it a more Radio DJ feel and keeps the mix lively. But I don't want to make this a global change. Would it be possible to add a custom Crossfade option in the Playlist settings, which would override the default setting?

I actually like this idea.  I have a "Live" playlist that this would suit perfectly.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #318 on: March 11, 2020, 03:08:35 pm »

If there could be a slight change on "Link Tracks".  If I just want to put one track that is linked into a playlist, the playlist will go back and add all the linked tracks.  Even if I go back and remove the extra tracks, it will override this and put them back in.  I don't think it always worked this way.

Would appreciate it if this didn't happen. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2020, 06:06:11 pm »

If there could be a slight change on "Link Tracks".  If I just want to put one track that is linked into a playlist, the playlist will go back and add all the linked tracks.  Even if I go back and remove the extra tracks, it will override this and put them back in.  I don't think it always worked this way.
That's what Linked Tracks is supposed to do.   It keeps a set of files together.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2020, 06:07:59 pm »

You should be able to do this by using the Alternate Mode settings under Audio.

I may split this discussion to a new thread.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2020, 09:26:04 am »

That's what Linked Tracks is supposed to do.   It keeps a set of files together.

I understand this and use it.  But, if I only want one linked track for a specific playlist that meets a certain genre, it adds the others, even if I do not. Would like a way to override for specific instances.  Or if I remove the others, they don't return automatically.

Mike Foran

• World Citizen
« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »

You should be able to do this by using the Alternate Mode settings under Audio.

Ok, that's a great starting point for this suggestion. I actually never use the alternate settings so this would be a great way to use them. However, could there be a Playlist setting that would default to the alternate settings so we don't have to pull out a keyboard and hit Alt+M?

wer

« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:08 pm »

Feature Request: Provide (optionally) a means for Clip Protection information to display for a few seconds when activated when playing back in theater view or fullscreen.  Currently there is no reasonable way to know if clip protection engages when watching a video fullscreen.  Just a simple text overlay in the corner of the screen.  Please.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #324 on: March 18, 2020, 07:51:50 am »

2. Short cut to Audio (e.g. in the custumize toolbar?): When I have the tree of the playlists open I need to scroll miles up to get to the "audio" button.

This was a good idea.  Coming next build:
NEW: Added an "Audio" toolbar button that jumps to the last used Audio view.

florian.schuck@gmail.com

« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2020, 06:45:23 pm »

Hi, I really like how the grouping under "Artists" and "Series" with special cover art works. I would like to see this more customizable with other custom categories, let's say e.g. "Country", where I can add a flag image to a group of movies. I've already made use of series and artists, so currently I don't see any other option to add a 3rd category with custom cover art.

Would it be possible to have Media Center query the Cover Art folder for a sub-folder matching a custom library field for artwork?

Add Library View > Empty >View as: Categories > Show Categories in this Order > Country

Now if a certain movie has a country tag e.g. Canada, Media Center would check the Cover Art sub-folders and find a folder "Country", which contains an image Canada.jpg and display it as my group/category thumbnail.

Is there any reason this is restricted to only Series and Artist?

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #326 on: April 01, 2020, 11:12:33 am »

Hi,

Would that be possible to add the relational type of one per Genre to library fields ?

I''d like to create a "Parent genre" field and a "Genre description" field :)

In the same fashion, it was added for Composer in 26.0.19 :
26.0.19 (1/20/20)

1. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 5.14.
2. Fixed: DVB Tuner's tuner event handler was executed repeatedly and could cause MC to crash.
3. NEW: Added the relational type of one per composer to library fields.
4. Changed: ATSC and DVB tuners will be a little more responsive to canceling/stopping.
5. Fixed: Playback Status would not advance when playing a file after loading a different library.
6. Changed: iTunes library import supports unlimited levels of iTunes playlist nesting instead of only one level.
7. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukac).
8. Fixed: The date field in some images was incorrectly set to "0" on import.
9. Changed: Customized the waveform colors for the Black on Black, Thunderstorm, Z, Aruba, Green Eyes, Purity, Pearl Bailey, Modern Cards Dark, Modern Cards White and Blue Steel skins to better match.
10. Changed: Made the waveform bar a little smoother on wide screens.
11. Fixed: Some corrupt mp4 files could lead to hanging of MC (MC went into an infinite loop).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #327 on: April 01, 2020, 11:17:15 am »

Hi,

Would that be possible to add the relational type of one per Genre to library fields ?

I''d like to create a "Parent genre" field and a "Genre description" field :)

In the same fashion, it was added for Composer in 26.0.19 :

Sure thing!  Next build:
NEW: Added the relational type of one per genre to library fields.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #328 on: April 01, 2020, 11:28:58 am »

Sure thing!  Next build:

Awesome !

Thanks Matt !!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2020, 10:04:04 am »

Play from here
in the audio section. Sometimes I am in a large playlist and do not want to play the first few files, but start somewhere in the middle. It would be great to not only have the "Play" possibility (that only plays that one file) in the right click menu, but also a "Play it from here" possibility.

I liked this one, so next build:
NEW: Added the right-click play command "Play From Here" to start playback at a list location and proceed until the end.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #330 on: April 03, 2020, 10:43:24 am »

Could we get an MCWS endpoint to transfer playback from one zone to another, as seamlessly as possible? So copy playlist to other zone, continue playback at same location of current song, and stop playback on previous zone. That would be awesome.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #331 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:02 am »

Sure thing!  Next build:

Oh god, this is amazing! I use the same thing, never thought about that solution.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2020, 03:49:44 pm »

A setting to set the amount of time before the tooltip appears.  While I love my tooltips, they do get in the way sometimes and it would be nice to be able to delay their display for a bit.

wer

« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2020, 03:53:27 pm »

Agree completely with Moe.  I find tooltips display too soon, so it would be nice to have a configurable delay before they suddenly appear and block your view.  Others might want them to appear quickly.

But for me they appear too soon already, so I leave them disabled to avoid frustration.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2020, 03:54:42 pm »

A setting to set the amount of time before the tooltip appears.  While I love my tooltips, they do get in the way sometimes and it would be nice to be able to delay their display for a bit.
Can you suggest the correct amount of time?

wer

« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2020, 04:03:18 pm »

It would vary based on individual preference.  He's suggesting an option (like in Tree & View):  Tooltip Delay: x  Seconds
The user could set the number of seconds delay they want.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2020, 04:05:48 pm »

Yes, but it would be nice not to add an option if we can avoid it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2020, 06:14:18 pm »

It seems to be about half a second now, but varies a little bit depending on where I am accessing it. Maybe it just displays as soon as the data is available?

I think it would be worth trying one second.

In fact, I was thinking it would be good to have a Toolbar Button to turn Tooltips on and off, as when I am working on TV Show tagging and organisation, the Tooltip just gets in the way no matter what, unless I make the effort to move the mouse cursor to the top on MC. Then I looked, and there is one: "Toggle Tooltips".

The trouble is, it doesn't work until you move to a different View and back again. Refreshing the View doesn't activate the change. If Tooltips are on and I toggle the settings using the button or the Option dialogue, Tooltips keep showing until I switch to another View and switch back to the View I was using. Same in reverse, activating Tooltips.

If that Toggle Tooltips button worked immediately, much of my frustration would be removed. Then a half second, or the current Tooltip delay, would be fine I think.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2020, 06:47:34 pm »

I timed it, and it IS displaying 1 second after the mouse stops moving on my systems.  And that is way too soon for me.  So Rod wants 1, Moe wants maybe 3, and I want more like 5.  I don't think it's one size fits all.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2020, 07:18:53 pm »

I know you don't want yet another setting in the options, but that's what I think would be best.  When I am browsing my library, the default setting is fine.  But when I am updating my library, tagging, importing new stuff, etc.  I'd like it to have a longer delay as it often gets in the way.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2020, 12:34:52 am »

This would be a very convenient thing to have for MC, in my opinion:
If a file is launched from Windows Explorer, have MC play that file and suspend everything else that would get in the way.
Sometimes I want to play a file that is outside my library, say from a client machine. So I double click it in Windows Explorer. If MC isn't already launched it will do so and then connect to my library server. Then it might initiate an update that was due. FINALLY, MC is fully launched, but then it will have forgotten by then that I wanted to play a file from Windows. So then back to square one - find the file externally and double click.

Expectation: Double click a file, and MC will play it.
Reality: It could be a minute before MC is even ready to play something and even then it will not play the file that initiated the sequence.

Request: If initiated by a file in Windows, launch MC in a special mode that doesn't load a library from a library server, does not perform updates, but just plays the file. And then it can quit automatically when the file is finished or stopped.

vma

• Recent member
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2020, 02:35:57 am »

I am using MC26 only for audio - a master license. Im am using Kodi for video. What do you think about splitting the MC to 2 versions - "audio+video" version and "audio" versions? Perhaps it is easier to improve audio part of MC when it is alone.     
MC26 Linux Debian Buster

jb82

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2020, 03:48:56 am »

svg support for TV channel logos

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #343 on: April 22, 2020, 05:56:24 am »

I timed it, and it IS displaying 1 second after the mouse stops moving on my systems.  And that is way too soon for me.  So Rod wants 1, Moe wants maybe 3, and I want more like 5.  I don't think it's one size fits all.

I'm also in the around 3 second category, especially on Linux (and the Pi ARM build) since tooltips popping up too fast can prevent toolbar buttons from being pressed. Being able to customize the tooltip delay time would be very much appreciated.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2024 Update (24H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

rbmjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2020, 10:09:39 am »

I really like the "More Stop" feature that allows for "Stop after x" tracks to play (5, 10, 20...). The addition is certainly better than having only one option; "Stop after current track". However, for me the choices are to coarse and would benefit from being much more granular. Typically when I am trying to wind down a music session after dinner and before the family moves on to a movie or television show I look at the wall clock, look at the length of each of the next tunes in the queue, and decide how many more can play before I need to switch the AV receiver. In most cases it is less than 5. Could the "Stop After" be changed to stop after 2, 3, 4 and 5 tracks?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2020, 10:43:01 am »

I really like the "More Stop" feature that allows for "Stop after x" tracks to play (5, 10, 20...). The addition is certainly better than having only one option; "Stop after current track". However, for me the choices are to coarse and would benefit from being much more granular. Typically when I am trying to wind down a music session after dinner and before the family moves on to a movie or television show I look at the wall clock, look at the length of each of the next tunes in the queue, and decide how many more can play before I need to switch the AV receiver. In most cases it is less than 5. Could the "Stop After" be changed to stop after 2, 3, 4 and 5 tracks?

I'll add this next build:
NEW: Added a Stop After X choice that asks for the number of tracks to stop after.

Thanks for the idea!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #346 on: April 22, 2020, 05:31:35 pm »

I am using MC26 only for audio - a master license. Im am using Kodi for video. What do you think about splitting the MC to 2 versions - "audio+video" version and "audio" versions? Perhaps it is easier to improve audio part of MC when it is alone.

That is already there. Top Menu > View > Audio Only Mode.  Or you could just switch to using MC for Video.  ;D

You can also turn specific Feature on and off in "Options > General > Features".
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2020, 05:34:17 pm »

Hi,
I want to have a checkbox in the options with
„Theater view: Jump at startup to last position in movie list“
(Or a special thater view)

So, the movies don‘t always start at „a“ but there I left the list at the last shutdown. I hate to scroll through the first dozens of movies to get the later letters....

And as I rethink: this might also be an interesting checkbox for music  :o

Thanks for your attention,
Thorsten

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2020, 06:35:19 pm »

I hate to scroll through the first dozens of movies to get the later letters....

You do know that you don't have to scroll to get to the later letters, right?

If you are in the Movies > Name View in Theatre View and press "5" on your remote, MC will jump to movies with names starting with "J". "55" will take you to "K". "9999" will take you to "Z". Or "5666" to jump to "JO", for the movie "Jobs".

MC uses the number on the Remote Control keypad like old mobile phones used to work, for writing texts. My remotes all show the letters associate with the numbers.

Of course, if you just want MC to remember where you were up to scrolling through movies, that is a different issue. But perhaps the "Movies > Recent" View will help with that, if you want to quickly get to the last movie played. Just check it in the Recent View, and then use the keypad in the Name View to jump to where you were up to.

thorsten

• World Citizen
« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2020, 04:36:00 am »

Thanks for the number thing. I always wondered why letters didn‘t work....

Unfortunately, I‘m using a remote with arrows only.
I have the ‚recent movie‘ view, also ‚recently added‘. But with both views I kind of forget my old movies.
Right now, I use the ‚wall‘, but when I switch to list view, the position is also not taken over.

Finally, I must admit that my genres are not stuctured, so I can‘t use them for sorting.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up