INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 64930 times)

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2020, 11:26:04 pm »

I too have no numbers on my remote and I have suggested in the past a alphabet ruler in Theater view similar to what we can have in regular view.
See attachment

That way I could in Grid view arrow down and that would take my to the ruler and from there I could go left and right and stop on the correct letter and then press ok to get me there.
If I do not want to use the ruler i would simply press arrow down and go past the ruler.

I hope this will be implemented at some point.

Best regards,

//arcspin
Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:26 am »

You can build that, or something close to it.

Start with the blank Theatre View View, just like the Name View, add a Detail item to it, edit that item to Group by one, or as in my example, three. Grouping by three groups all the numbers, 0-9, together, which works much better for me.

Don't forget to Toggle List Style on the detail View which shows the individual movies to what you want. Also, turn off the "Display All as a choice" option, unless you prefer to see that. I guess it is a good option when you just want to scroll through the list.

Done. Close anyway.

Still not the original request, but improves the navigation if you want to jump to a section of movies quickly, without a number pad on a Remote Control.

The think about adding a sort by [Last Played], or maybe the watched() function, so that within the movie letter Group, movies are sorted by when you last watched them, in reverse order of course, so that unwatched movies or those watched long ago appear at the beginning of the list.

But then all the old cruddy movies that you have but never watch would appear at the beginning of the list. So maybe add in another level in the View called Rating and based on the [Rating] field. Then as long as you have given the movie a rating in the past, you can select you movies first by rating, then by the letter the name begins with, and then have a scrolling list to chose from, sorted by the last time the movie was played or watched (those two are slightly different, though often do give the same date, depending on how far through the movie you watched last time).

Or maybe just exclude movies you have rated zero, or zero to two.

Really, the View possibilities are endless, and not difficult to build as long as the metadata exists, (i.e. Ratings), and you know what you want.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2020, 05:00:47 pm »

In analyze audio, a way to manually control the volume adjustment that would be applied.   

wer

« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2020, 05:37:36 pm »

In analyze audio, a way to manually control the volume adjustment that would be applied.

msojka, doing that would cause inaccurate values to be written to the R128 tags in the file, and then it wouldn't actually be R128 anymore.  Plus it could affect the playback by other software.

However, you already do have the ability to do this after the fact by modifying the [Volume Level (R128)] field.  (Best to start a new thread if you want more info on that.)

Rootdown4594

• Recent member
« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2020, 07:28:41 pm »

More than 8 threads for conversions. I have an 8 core 16 thread processor(Ryzen 3800X). JRiver maxes out at 8 threads. Can't use my full 16 threads. DBPowerAMP uses all of my 16 threads. So it's possible.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2020, 08:32:03 pm »

Allow for the MC26 DLNA volume control to have an adjustable number of steps.

Example:
On DLNA I connect to my YAMAHA receiver which has a 0-97 volume control in .5 steps, so it goes 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2 etc.
The MC26 volume is just 1-100 so it is out of sync with the receiver because it has only about half the steps.

Please add the ability to be able to adjust the number of steps on the DLNA volume to match whatever device it's playing through.
Thanks!

sunbird

• Recent member
« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2020, 01:48:10 am »

Hi
I have a large collection of vinyl and digitize it, partly as PCM 96/24 partly as DSD. It would be great if JRiver supports this process by linking to a database which helps to identify single songs from the one-side record.

Are there any programs which do this already?

Also de-crackling and de-hissing in a high-grade way would be great!
Thanks! Max

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2020, 02:06:22 am »

What would be AMAZING for me (as a huge classical collector) would be a way to normalize composer names - i.e. take all variations on a composer's name and map it to a standard or full name.

I'm not sure if this is easy to do or not based on whether or not there's some internet based source for it.  If not, then at least a way to create a map which can then auto-rename the value in the Composer field to the user-defined "canonical" name value.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2020, 02:24:41 am »

As I understand you right you need a new special Tag called „canonical“ and copy or move content from composer field to it.
No idea if JRiver can do this. But mp3tag can it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2020, 04:28:14 pm »

No idea if JRiver can do this.

Of course MC can do that. A very basic task.

Standardising composer names, however, is a human task. MC can only assist. A person needs to make the naming decisions. For example, if the [Composer] field is edited, MC will show a drop-down list of existing names, and if you type  partial name, MC will filter that list down to matching partials. Then you can select the one you want to use. Core functionality.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MikeO

« Reply #360 on: May 02, 2020, 05:08:40 am »

I have a view set up  in Panel format, with column 1 as the Composer initial, A ..Z

Then the Composer then say Album

You can then easily scan for odd instances

In my case Beethoven, I look for Ludwig van etc

That way an odd scan shows you what you need to normalize, you can even Rename in the Panel view F2 etc. I have 190 composers !!

audiojerry

• Recent member
« Reply #361 on: May 02, 2020, 10:40:51 am »

If there isn't a skin with this feature already, how about adding a small clock with the current time somewhere on the screen.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #362 on: May 02, 2020, 01:10:58 pm »

Is it possible to lock a tab to a specific player / zone, similar to this thread from 2012:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69543.0

I'd like to have one tab that, no matter how I jump between views of the music library, remains associated with (the local) Player, and a separate one for the DLNA Renderer out in the living room.

The only time I find myself purposefully clicking on "Player" in the "Playing Now" tree is when I realize that I accidentally started or stopped playback for the Kodi renderer!  (BTW, I'll gladly accept usage suggestions other than locking a tab that would prevent this behavior.)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #363 on: May 02, 2020, 06:58:27 pm »

If there isn't a skin with this feature already, how about adding a small clock with the current time somewhere on the screen.

In Theatre View? It is already there in the default skins. Bottom right corner in menus, top right corner in detail displays.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #364 on: May 02, 2020, 07:30:43 pm »

Is it possible to lock a tab to a specific player / zone, similar to this thread from 2012:

Have you had a look at "View > Split View" in the top menu?

You can have 1, 2, or 3 View Panes open at once, or available at once and use the Disclosure Triangles to display then as required. Split Views can be locked to whatever you set them to.

Actually, looking at it now, you could set up two tabs in a second Pane, set one to show each of Player and your DLNA Renderer, then lock the View and they should stay that way. The only issue would be if the DLNA Renderer wasn't available, its tab may change. Test it!

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #365 on: May 02, 2020, 07:50:55 pm »

You can have 1, 2, or 3 View Panes open at once, or available at once and use the Disclosure Triangles to display then as required. Split Views can be locked to whatever you set them to.

Actually, looking at it now, you could set up two tabs in a second Pane, set one to show each of Player and your DLNA Renderer, then lock the View and they should stay that way. The only issue would be if the DLNA Renderer wasn't available, its tab may change. Test it!

I must be doing something wrong.  ?

Trying your suggestion, I have a 2-way split view, in columns.  I start in the left-hand column, select the Renderer in Playing now, and then click one of the library views.  I then say to Lock View 1 (I think the left would be View 1).  Going to the right-hand column, select Player and then select a library view.  Get an album playing locally via a selection in that right-hand column.  Then I go back to the left-hand column, and select an album to play there -- that changes what Local is playing.  It seems like both Views are still just responding to the most recently-selected Playing Now zone.

The issue occurs, I think, because that Playing Now selection also effectively changes when I get something going on the Renderer via JRemote.  Later on, I'll then come back into the study, un-minimize JRiver, and select something to play in the study.  That action changes what the Renderer is playing.

This usage model has always confused me, so I think I must be missing something!

rec head

« Reply #366 on: May 02, 2020, 09:06:58 pm »

I understand Split View and locking them but locking tabs would be a very nice feature. I think many of us are just used to working with tabs these days.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #367 on: May 02, 2020, 10:27:08 pm »

Ah, my mistake. What I described just allows you to see what is playing in the two Zones, not to control them. You still need to control them in Split View 1.

You are correct, there is no way to lock a tab or Split View to a particular Zone, and have anything selected to play in that tab/View always and only play to that Zone.

I use View 1 to choose the Zone to play to, and what to play, and the use View 2 to see what is in Playing Now for each Zone, and manage that Zone. By manage I mean skip tracks, change volume, and so on, not select new content to play, which you can't because the View is locked. Selecting new content happens in View 1 even if View 2 was active when you do the selection. What I do is useful when playing different content to different Zones.

Also, as I mentioned above, when a Dynamic Zone such as your DLNA Renderer disappears, the tab in View 2 will switch to the MC Start page, even if the View is locked.

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #368 on: May 03, 2020, 08:53:11 pm »

Hi,

Is there any possibility of making lyrics save and attach to files/metadata as the import scan happens, rather than at the end of the import?

What is happening for me is that I have lots of files, and the scan/import can take days with lyrics lookup enabled.
There are occasions where I may need to restart PC, which means I need to stop the importing and I lose my progress and have to start the lyrics scan again from scratch.

I'm aware a large database of files will take a long time to scan, but it is okay if I am able to stop/start the process as needed.

Thanks

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #369 on: May 04, 2020, 03:42:55 am »

An idea to extend a bit the expression flow, is the ability to add in Html tags, the way we can move the text inside, via "center, left or right". We have one of these ability to handle the text in thumbnail view and that's it. So if you edit your expression inside and push enter your text is aligned to the only way, which is the left side. If you want an additional workaround, you have to play with empty space to the desire solution, which sometimes is not working as properly because you have many variables, like the type of font, size, and so on. And doing this method I experience a back and forth testing to a desire location of text inside the expression. Why I come with this addition, because I see many people doing variation of views, and I think we hit the same problem. Maybe for some others the looks are not important but are a part of this visualization, which is helping you in how to see the data. This way you cand expand more of the functionality of Html tags inside of an expression.
Here is an example of how I'm trying to solve this dilemma:
This is how in Notepad++ is looking

And how it looks in JRiver

As you can see is quite hard to achieve one goal if the expression doesn't help you in that direction.
Any thoughts?!

wer

« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2020, 04:26:30 am »

Any thoughts?!

Yeah. I think you could easily line things up by switching to a monospaced font. And the padding could be done automatically by measuring the length of your strings.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2020, 06:25:00 pm »

You are correct, there is no way to lock a tab or Split View to a particular Zone, and have anything selected to play in that tab/View always and only play to that Zone.

Thanks for clarifying, RoderickGI. 

So, would the above be a reasonable feature request?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2020, 08:07:43 pm »

So, would the above be a reasonable feature request?

I don't know. But it has been seen by JRiver staff no doubt, so something might happen.

I suspect it might be a little difficult and/or confusing, given the way MC manages Zone selection. Maybe the Zoneswitch rules could be extended to include which Split View was being used, and switch to the Zone that the Split View "owns". That would be easier than tying a Zone to a specific tab, I think. But I'm guessing a bit here.

Junghwan

• Recent member
  • ...wish you were here
« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2020, 09:37:31 am »

Auto change skin over time.
For example, light skin in the daytime, grey skin in the evening, dark skin in the midnight...

rbmjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2020, 03:10:17 pm »

First thanks for adding the "Stop After X" tracks. Awesome feature!!!

However, I am having a bit of a problem with sorting in SmartLists. My goal is to sort my SmartList by [Date Played] (descending) with the goal to select songs that haven't played in a while. What I found recently is that I have a bunch of songs where the [Date Played] field says "never played". I had thought using [Date Played] (descending) that the "never played" songs would appear at the very top of the list before any songs that actually were played and have a date stamp on them. This is not the case. "Never played" songs appear at the bottom of the sort no matter if one sorts [Date Played] in ascending or descending sequence. See attached graphics. Would it be possible to modify the sort routine to make sure "never played" songs appear first in an ascending sort and last in a descending sort?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2020, 03:19:50 pm »

First thanks for adding the "Stop After X" tracks. Awesome feature!!!

However, I am having a bit of a problem with sorting in SmartLists. My goal is to sort my SmartList by [Date Played] (descending) with the goal to select songs that haven't played in a while. What I found recently is that I have a bunch of songs where the [Date Played] field says "never played". I had thought using [Date Played] (descending) that the "never played" songs would appear at the very top of the list before any songs that actually were played and have a date stamp on them. This is not the case. "Never played" songs appear at the bottom of the sort no matter if one sorts [Date Played] in ascending or descending sequence. See attached graphics. Would it be possible to modify the sort routine to make sure "never played" songs appear first in an ascending sort and last in a descending sort?

Look at this setting:
Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Sort empty strings last
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rbmjr

• World Citizen
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2020, 06:54:02 am »

Unchecking "Sort empty strings last" in Tools > Options > Tree & View > Sorting allowed the "never played" to sort correctly. Thanks. Would never have connected the two without your help.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2020, 04:20:05 pm »

"Customize View" window - would be great to get the window re-sizeable - would avoid the scrolling in the "Setting" field.
Wake up and slow down 😴

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2020, 08:31:03 am »

"Customize View" window - would be great to get the window re-sizeable - would avoid the scrolling in the "Setting" field.

Great idea.

Next build:
NEW: The Customize View dialog is sizable and it opens at the last size and position.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2020, 09:22:58 am »

More than 8 threads for conversions. I have an 8 core 16 thread processor(Ryzen 3800X). JRiver maxes out at 8 threads. Can't use my full 16 threads. DBPowerAMP uses all of my 16 threads. So it's possible.

Good idea.

Next build:
Changed: Now allow up to 16 concurrent conversions (was capped at 8 previously).

wer

« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2020, 12:42:17 pm »

It would be nice to have some visual indication of when clip protection engages when watching a video. 

Just a little text that says "Clip Protection: -1.5dB" would be great.

There's currently no way to know clip protection has intervened when watching a video full screen or in theater view.

ths61

• World Citizen
« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2020, 06:36:51 pm »

2 feature requests.

1) Allow the DSP Studio's Analyzer display to have it's own window so it's display is NOT mutually exclusive with other DSP studio options.  It would allow real time feedback of DSP setting changes.  I use the Analyzer window to test signal shapes without the amps being turned on.  Having simultaneous access to both the setting window and results window would be helpful.

2) Allow text file imports of REW PEQs into a Parametric Equalizer Bank as well as the ability to clear the PEQ bank in addition to deleting 1 (or more) entry at a time.

Thanks much.
Main - JRMC31 -> custom ALSA_cdsp -> CamillaDSP(2x8 channel 64-bit FIR convolution) -> 8 channel DAC
Office - JRMC31 -> Asus Xonar Essence STX -> W4S STI-1000 -> Mini-Magnepans
Shop - JRMC31 -> W4S MicroDAC -> Adcom GFA-2535 -> B&W Rock Solid

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2020, 10:32:31 am »

1) Please (allow me to?) alphabetize the folders list in the Automatic Import Media selection box.  I've added folders to exclude over the years as my media/document storage needs and organization has changed, so I've got folders on drive K: listed in 5 places scattered randomly across dozens of folders in this list.  It causes me to have to review the entire list every time I want to make a change.

2) If that's not too much trouble, please allow sorting of columns in the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog also.  (FYI, I think the comma after Move is grammatically incorrect) :)

3) I'd LOVE to see the detached window automatically resize to match the aspect ratio of the playing video, to eliminate black space where possible; realizing letterboxing may still leave black bars.  I resize this window all the time and have to grab the corner and fiddle with it to get it to match video aspect ration on every video I play.

Thanks for your consideration
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #383 on: May 13, 2020, 10:57:07 am »

1) Please (allow me to?) alphabetize the folders list in the Automatic Import Media selection box.  I've added folders to exclude over the years as my media/document storage needs and organization has changed, so I've got folders on drive K: listed in 5 places scattered randomly across dozens of folders in this list.  It causes me to have to review the entire list every time I want to make a change.

I'll make next build just sort the list.  Thanks for the idea.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #384 on: May 13, 2020, 11:04:07 am »

I'll make next build just sort the list.  Thanks for the idea.

Great, thanks Matt!
pretend this is something funny

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2020, 08:22:00 pm »

In the Tag action window, when you right click on a field name, could there be an option that takes you to its entry in the library fields manager? Like "Edit This Field..." underneath "Customize Fields..."?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:53 am »

In the Tag action window, when you right click on a field name, could there be an option that takes you to its entry in the library fields manager? Like "Edit This Field..." underneath "Customize Fields..."?

Good idea.

Next build:
NEW: Right-click on a tag value in the Tag window will offer the option to "Customize This Field..." which opens the library field dialog.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2020, 03:15:17 pm »

;D

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #388 on: May 18, 2020, 10:29:16 am »

Over the years I have used a multitude of CD Ripping Software and have noticed that most of them, probably even all of them, suffer from the same problem especially when it comes to Multi-CD Albums. There is one piece of info/data embedded in just about every Commercially Produced Music CD that every variant/make of CD Ripping Software I've ever used uses when it searches through an On-line Database to acquire the Albums Info/Tags and then "inconveniently" does nothing else with it. I am of course referring to the "Disc#", so Matt/Jim since you have changed MC so that we can make use of the "Disc#" tag how about making MC's CD Ripping Software (Probably) Unique by having it write the Disc# at the same time that it's writing all the other tags to the file?
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2020, 10:52:32 am »

Re Disc #, I'll split this to a new thread.  MC currently has and uses Disc #.  I believe there is a space after Disc.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2020, 09:40:44 am »

In the latest verssion:
Changed: It will show a message when adding or removing from a locked playlist in the Tag window and not make any changes.

I understand why this was done, but, at the same time it takes away an inconvenience with updating/replacing tracks in a playlist.

Would like to be able to right-click the playlist in the Tag window and have a lock/unlock selection added to the menu there.  Otherwise it's a lot of steps.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2020, 11:00:00 am »

Would like to be able to right-click the playlist in the Tag window and have a lock/unlock selection added to the menu there.  Otherwise it's a lot of steps.

Next build:
NEW: Added the option to lock and unlock a playlist to the Tag window right-click.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2020, 02:52:10 pm »

Thanks Matt.  Whether you are able to implement or not, your attention to these requests is appreciated. 

wer

« Reply #393 on: May 19, 2020, 03:07:15 pm »

Yes, thanks again Matt for all these improvements!

But no love for the clip protection warning?  :'(

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2020, 04:16:13 am »

Good morning

Recently we got our own amazon (shop/streaming) in the Netherlands. I used to use the German one.
I am curious if it sometime could be added.

Damian

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2020, 10:39:34 am »

I have a few playlists and smarlists.  Some of my smartlists have lots of criteria.  It would be handy if I could duplicate an existing playlist to be able to make slight modifications creating a new one.  I see no easy way to do this currently.  There is no copy/paste option for any playlist or smartlist.

Yes -- there are work-arounds (export then edit the exported file).  This is too much work for a basic operation.

EDIT:  you may move and copy via drag and drop I am seeing.  This was not so obvious at first, but this works.  You may delete this request.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2020, 12:00:04 pm »

Yes -- there are work-arounds (export then edit the exported file).  This is too much work for a basic operation.

You can also go to Import/Export and hit the Copy button, then on your new list go to Import/Export again and click the Paste button.

darky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2020, 02:05:39 am »

I couldn't find the feature request post. And now it popped up as one of the first posts.
Could some one move this post there please...if needed.

Antoine.

• World Citizen
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2020, 03:23:50 am »

Hi,

When choosing the file management strategy for podcast episodes, I think there should be an additionnal option in the "Keep" section of the "Podcast Feed Properties" that would amount to this: download and keep all unread episodes local files and delete all the local files from episodes that have been read.

Thanks for your consideration!

Antoine
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »

Both of these should be a quick request. 

The first requires another API call to last.fm server:  I currently have to love/un-love content using the last.fm website.  I am requesting to provide the ability to do both from within MC26 itself.  A toobar button, keyboard shortcut and/or menu item to do this would be ideal.  It may be a toggle (love/un-love toggle).

Also, a context menu addition for playlists containing cut, copy and paste would be a quick enhancement too.  Drag and drop does it, and the main Edit menu (cut, copy, paste) also works.  It should be a quick change to also add these three items to the context menu specific to playlist.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up