INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ui Niggle in MC9 riping  (Read 1581 times)

mp3nick

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Ui Niggle in MC9 riping
« on: May 06, 2003, 05:54:52 am »

I'm trying to use MC9 to convert my library of 2000 cds into mp3.  I've build a new pc for the job which has 6 cd rom drives so I can do 6 disks at a time and this works great.

The minor operational niggle I have is that the source CDs are coming from Sony CD changers and I put the cases away some time ago.  If a CD is not recognised then I need to supply the artist and track info.

I don't have the cd case ans sleeve notes to hand...
So I eject the CD to get the info from the disk itself but this removes the UI for entering the data and the only way I can get this back is to re-insert the disk which means I can't see the info on the disk!

Any chance of a fix?  I did 300 disks in 3 days but there's still a long way to go.....

Thanks

MP3Nick

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Re: Ui Niggle in MC9 riping
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 08:32:52 am »

MP3Nick,

There is no easy way to do what you want. Do you have a scanner or digital camera? You can use them to see track names.

Nikolay

mp3nick

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 08:54:09 am »

Are you going to do anything about it?

I could use a second pc and look at cddb with it..... Seems a poor solution for JRiver having to need cddb and a second pc!!

Nick

fex

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 11:41:39 am »

Are you going to do anything about it?

I could use a second pc and look at cddb with it..... Seems a poor solution for JRiver having to need cddb and a second pc!!

Nick

... Your problem is maybe a tittle bit - let's say - too special ...  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 11:46:50 am »

Select the CD in the tree.
Delete it.
Right click on the CD drive and do "update from CD database"

OR

Edit the track titles on the screen.
Slow click on the field.  Edit.  Hit down arrow.

Select all and hit Alt-enter to edit properties of entire album (title and artist).

mp3nick

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2003, 01:21:24 am »

I'll give that a try, thanks but I'm not sure how it will give me the UI without the cd inserted into a drive.  

I've also noticed that it's easy to confuse MC9 by removing and re-inserting the disk having cancelled the manual track data dialog.  Sometimes MC9 won't recognise that there's an audio disk back in the drive, it thinks its a data cd.  

If I quit MC9 and re-run it then the disk is recognised as as audio.  I can't do anything else to get it back.  Also, from time to time, a cd drive will get stuck thinking that whatever disk is installed is data and not audio and I have to re-boot Win2k to get it back.

What would be totally ideal would be an "eject CD" button on the manual track data dialog, or better still just not cancelling the dialog if the cd is ejected and allowing the database update to complete.  I'd be happy to reinsert the disk and manually update it from the data base after the track data had been submitted.

Otherwise, so far, great product!

Sorry to go on but with 1700 cds to go I'm probably going to have to enter over 200 into your data base based on the current hit rate, so what may be an obscure way of using MC9 becomes a huge frustration.

I know it's been covered elsewhere but I'd be happy to pay an additional fee to be able to use cddb.  It's had 100% hit rate on the disks which your db has missed so far.  I've used it in the past with so other software so yes - I've previously contributed quite a few track listings into it in the past, which means I don't feel bad about taking from it now.  It's just a frustration that I need to make (even more) contributions to use the otherwise excellent MC9.

Thanks!

Nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up