INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens during Import Playlist  (Read 459 times)

vbphil

• World Citizen
What happens during Import Playlist
« on: October 18, 2019, 03:43:05 pm »

Does anyone have a more detailed description of what happens during an audio playlist import? During the import, the message displayed is something like "adding files to the Library". But really that isn't true as nothing is added to the currently loaded destination Library.

I recently exported an MPL playlist from one of my libraries containing only AAC music files, we'll call this the source Library and imported that playlist into another Library that contains only ALAC files, we'll call this the destination Library. The AAC files and ALAC files are in different root directories but are the same songs. The playlist was several thousand files long so it took many minutes to complete, all the while I starred at the message that it was adding files to my destination Library.

Another thing I noticed was I created a new Smartlist in the destination Library with a rule of anything in the imported playlist. This new Smartlist was empty telling me that none of the files in the imported playlist exist in this destination Library.

So, what actually is happening behind the scenes when importing a playlist. Media Center must be doing some kind of operations for it to take so long. Is it looking to see if the files exist in the currently loaded library? Also, what if the imported playlist is not an MPL but a regular M3U format?
Pages: [1]   Go Up