INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem v24 to v25 Remove Files from Playing Now After They are Played  (Read 714 times)

Striker

• World Citizen

I recently purchased the discounted v26 license for MediaCenter.

I was running v24 and installed v25 waiting for v26.

With "Remove Files from Playing Now After They are Played" checked in options one of three things happens when a track ends.  I cannot predict which of the 3 actions below occur although #1 happens correctly about 75% of the time.

1.  The ending track is removed and the highlighted track is at the top of the list as expected.
2.  The entire PlayingNow grid jumps to the end and then back up to the top with the top track highlighted.
3.  The entire PlayingNow grid jumps to the end and stays there with the last track in PlayingNow highlighted.

I turned off "Remove Files from Playing Now After They are Played" for 2 days and never saw the problem.
I restored it today and the problem returns.

I never ever had this issue with v24, so I'm assuming something changed in v25.

Any ideas?  Is this a bug or maybe something new in options I need to change?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem v24 to v25 Remove Files from Playing Now After They are Played
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 07:58:48 am »

I'm trying to reproduce this, but not having any luck.  The played track is just nicely removed for me.

I wonder what might be different?  Make sure you're on the latest MC25.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 08:05:13 pm »

Matt, thank you for the reply and trying to duplicate it.  Sometimes it won't happen for half a day, then other times every few minutes.  I'm retired and when home, MC is usually running at least 10 hours day.

I will be working on trying to find the trigger, what else I may be doing on the PC when it happens.  My system has lots of background tasks with constant I/O internal and external.  Hopefully I can find the trigger and correct it or at least ask you about it.

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 07:37:24 pm »

BTW:  I've been running v24 again for the past day, and this issue is not present, I only see it in v25.

Antoine.

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 03:59:23 am »

YouTube.com/TV made available in Theater View!
Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.
Pages: [1]   Go Up