INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dbl Click Revisited  (Read 1305 times)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Dbl Click Revisited
« on: May 06, 2003, 01:06:14 pm »

I've posted on this before...and it seems to always come back with various builds (inc. B170)...

I've got dbl click behavior set to "Add to Playing Now (play next)". With nothing playing, I dbl click on a track in Media Library (say the 63rd track). MC copied the entire ML list into PN (order was retained) and started playing the song (#63) I had dbl clicked on. PN was cleared properly (in the past, sometimes it wasn't).

Could someone else test and confirm this?

10-27

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re: Dbl Click Revisited
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2003, 01:19:39 pm »

In my case, with "playing now" list completely empty and with the same settings that you have (add to playing now, play next), double-cicking on a single file in the library results in the specific track added to "playing now" but not starting to play.

----
Media Center Registered 9.0.169 -- C:\Archivos de programa\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2537 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 702 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-48246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

xen-uno

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 01:34:22 pm »

Dev,

I do too with "Start playing ..." unchecked (in the behavior section). If you would, try it with the option checked. The problem is very erratic, sometimes MC operates fine, other times....:(

10-27

xen-uno

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 04:25:22 pm »

Can I take it from the lack of response that no one else has seen this? Come on...give me a yes or no here. I can't believe it's just me. MC B170 exhibited this problem first thing after installation.

10-27

Omni

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 07:24:21 pm »

Well, this is interesting.

If nothing is in PN, then the double-clicked song is added to PN (only that song, not the whole list) and starts playing.

If PN is populated and nothing is playing, then the entire view scheme I double-clicked in replaces everything in PN and then the song starts playing.  (This is exactly like you describe above:  correct order and all I mean.)

If PN is populated and a song is playing, then the doubled-clicked song, and only that song,  is added immediately after the currently playing song.

So, yes, I confirm (I think) your dilemma.  You are not going mad.  :D

Omni

Update:  The above italic scenario doesn't happen if I change "Add to Playing Now (play next)" to "... (play now)".  In other words, only that song gets added to the top of the PN playlist, not the whole list.  So yes, this definitely seems to be a quirk in the "...(play next)" logic.

xen-uno

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2003, 07:42:48 pm »

Thanks Omni for checking it out. I think many don't run into this because they're using playlists & smartlists, whereas I like to randomly cue up tunes out of ML.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up