INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerky TV playback resolves only with "show signal strength on screen" option on.  (Read 943 times)

omnispollicis

I previously had a perfectly working MC25 Windows 7, Intel HD4600 graphics, Samsung S24H85x dual monitors on HDMI and Displayport cabling at recommended 2560x1440 resolution, HD Homerun PRIME two device, six-tuner system.  The TV video playback has recently become unstable, jerky and choppy on all channels, with audio unaffected.  In searching for a solution, I have checked that graphic drivers are current but not changed recently, MC functions otherwise as expected, HD HomeRun software has now been re-installed with current and unchanged firmware, and I tried one, and then the other of the HD HomeRun PRIME devices alone, without success.  Oddly, when I select the "show signal strength on screen" option, the jerkiness resolves, although I must tolerate a semi-transparent box at the bottom of the screen stating "Not available".  Has anyone had similar problems and know of a solution?  Thanks for your consideration.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Are you using RO HQ?  If so have you made any changes in madVR settings?  Try tweaking madVR.  Is Closed Captioning on?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

As a matter of interest does recorded TV play back OK?

What refresh rate is the display set to when watching TV?  (I assume you are using MadVR so can see the stats with a Ctrl-J, it's the top number) Is it the same if you play recorded TV?

Does the jerkiness go if you play TV in a window rather than full screen?

Richard

Pages: [1]   Go Up