INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have the problems I've had with MC22 been fixed?  (Read 584 times)

randy5419

• Recent member
Have the problems I've had with MC22 been fixed?
« on: October 21, 2019, 12:53:19 pm »

I have Media center 22.0.108 that I use infrequently, mainly to record sporting events off of live TV.  I have three issues with it and I’m wondering if they were known bugs that were later fixed. These issue are:

1.   On several occasions, most recently yesterday, my 3+ hour scheduled recording stopped after 1 minute. 
2.   When viewing a DVD, I am unable to get subtitles to work.
3.   Scheduled recordings only occur if Media Center has been manually started.  With my previous recorder, Windows Media Center, a separate module (or service) that loads at boot-up and is always in the background does the recording.

Were these problems known features of MC22 and later fixed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Have the problems I've had with MC22 been fixed?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »

3.   Scheduled recordings only occur if Media Center has been manually started.  With my previous recorder, Windows Media Center, a separate module (or service) that loads at boot-up and is always in the background does the recording.

You want to set Media Server to run on the boot of Windows.  Then it will always be there waiting.

Look in Options > Startup.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Have the problems I've had with MC22 been fixed?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 07:31:18 pm »

The Release Notes up to the latest version of MC25 are here. Have at it and see if it has been fixed.

Or just download MC25, install it as a trial and check. Then buy a MC26 licence which will work with the latest MC25 and MC26.

1. I think so, but it would depend on specifics.
2. There has been work on Subtitles, and I believe if you use the DVD menu, Subtitles work. Not sure with SSA subtitles though. That is on the list to fix, but I think that is just for when a movie is played without using the DVD menu to select subtitles.
3. Matt covered.

A lot has changed, been fixed, and improved since MC22.0.108.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up