INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OPPO UDP-205 Streaming  (Read 1224 times)

KBoz

• Recent member
OPPO UDP-205 Streaming
« on: October 24, 2019, 08:47:04 pm »

I've recently started to stream from MC25 to my OPPO UDP-205 and it's no longer stream properly.  I had this working before but now it's stutters.  The OPPO had a firmware update loaded that's been available for some time.  I hadn't used it in some time due to a problem with my power supply (PS Audio P500) having issues and it's a pain to re-wire everything.

The MC25 also had a new release so I had to set up DLNA again using info from the forums.   That got me seeing the OPPO in MC25 and sending music to the OPPO but all I get is stuttering.  I don't think it's a network problem since I'm running both on the same network all connected via Ethernet.

Again this was working some months ago but not now.

QIOMD

Re: OPPO UDP-205 Streaming
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 10:49:21 am »

Indeed. I tried to stream at a dinner party last night and heard Ella Fitzgerald 'scatting' when she was supposed to be crooning.
It worked with 24 - perhaps with an earlier iteration of 25?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 03:05:03 pm »

What are the settings for MC's DLNA server that you are using to stream to the Oppo?
Audio format (original, when necessary, etc)?
If not original format, what is the selected format to convert to?
What is your source material (file format i.e. flac, sample rate, bit depth).
Thanks.

JayGrady

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 09:50:05 am »

I had some issues with 24/192 ALAC files playing on my Oppo UDP-203 a few months ago after the latest firmware update. They were all playing with enormous amounts of distortion and stuttering, regardless of medium. USB stick, LAN, etc. all the same issue, which isolated it to the 203. I also have an older 103 and it played the same files from the same USB stick just fine. Contacted support, who were very responsive and agreed the issue was occurring (I sent them a video demonstrating it) but ultimately nothing ever came of it. One of the other smaller issues is that it will play one song at a time from JRiver, then stop. I have to keep going to the Overview and manually start each song in the playlist. It had become quite maddening.

I ended up grabbing a Marantz ND8006 CD/Streaming player and have not looked back. It sounds better and functions better as a music streamer. Zero issues with JRiver. The Oppo 203/205 is an outstanding BluRay player and for streaming movies from JRiver it's terrific. As a music player not so much. The DAC in the Marantz is killer. I have it and my receiver in "Pure" mode, and use the iPad app to choose what I want to play from JRiver on my iMac.

KBoz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 08:36:04 pm »

I'm using the 24 bit audiophile with original format.  Almost all of my files are FLAC.  I usually only use the 16/44.1 or 24/96 resolution files.  I'd have to have the OPPO downres to properly output for my processor.

I'll try doing direct files via USB to see if it's within the OPPO.

styxx10

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 12:04:57 am »

try these settings that “the crow” posted on another thread to get your dsd files to stream over HDMI.

The settings to make DSD work are straight forward under Tools>Options>Media Network>Add or configure DLNA server> create a server where Audio Mode is set to Original and make sure under Advanced > Bitstream DSD is NOT ticked (this setting repacks the DSD as DoPE which neither of our devices supports, we need native DSD). Then under Playing Now right click your devices (Marantz and Oppo) and under Associate with DLNA server pick this new server.

i have an Oppo 203 the same as “the crow”, it works for me streaming dsd and dsf over HDMI
Pages: [1]   Go Up