INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio interface supporting ASIO Line In / Multiple Outputs  (Read 2967 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Audio interface supporting ASIO Line In / Multiple Outputs
« on: October 24, 2019, 10:27:50 pm »

I'm using JRiver to manage x/o and Room EQ for an active speaker set-up, and, with that working well, want to start using my turntable as a source. My understanding is that this involves using  File > Open Live > ASIO Line-in feature in JRiver to route from the inputs of an audio interface to JRiver. The reason for the post is that I'm after a recommendation as to audio interfaces that will work with this arrangement with other criteria being USB input, at least one set of balanced analogue inputs, 6 to 8 analogue outputs, good sound quality and rock solid Windows 10 (and maybe Linux) drivers. Has anyone got a recommendation?

P.S. A while back I was attempting to do this with my RME Fireface UFX but an unresolved JRiver / RME ASIO driver issue meant it didn't happen (see
as my RME Fireface UFX doesn't support this arrangement due to some unresolved JRiver / RME ASIO driver issue (see https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,101122.msg739135.html#msg739135). If this is solved then great but the default position is that I'll use this interface in another setting and look for a new interface that definitely supports the arrangement.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio interface supporting ASIO Line In / Multiple Outputs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 02:14:22 am »

The Motu AVB range

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 02:29:21 am »

The Motu AVB range

Thanks! I was just looking at the MOTU Ultralite MK4 - any experience with this range of devices?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 03:16:14 am »

Thanks! I was just looking at the MOTU Ultralite MK4 - any experience with this range of devices?
I use a Motu 1248, does the job :)

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 02:21:44 pm »

I use René UFO and UFO ll and i have no Audio issues.
I use it dir phono Input sind Tapete input.
The Point is Vorrecht configuration as the Audio numbering is Ley to make it work.
There are in Krüger Forum details how to do it.
Emerson anyway is rock solid inclusive the Audio driver. I changed from motu to Emerson due to driver instability. Windows hinging

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 03:26:53 pm »

I use René UFO and UFO ll and i have no Audio issues.
I use it dir phono Input sind Tapete input.
The Point is Vorrecht configuration as the Audio numbering is Ley to make it work.
There are in Krüger Forum details how to do it.
Emerson anyway is rock solid inclusive the Audio driver. I changed from motu to Emerson due to driver instability. Windows hinging

I don't understand, Pschelbert, but the post led me to https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=119054.0 which seems to suggest that it's possible to support the described workflow of routing a phono stage analogue input through JRiver processing with RME. Is this correct? And, if so, then once done is it reliable?

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 03:32:00 pm »

I use a Motu 1248, does the job :)

Thanks, Matt. Have you had any issues with the Windows 10 ASIO / WDM drivers for the Motu devices? (The reason for the question is that I reached out to the local pro-audio store to confirm that the Motu Ultralite had a multi-client driver with the individual stating, rightly or wrongly, that the drivers were a bit "finicky".)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 03:41:42 pm »

No problems at all here

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 01:54:45 pm »

I don't understand, Pschelbert, but the post led me to https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=119054.0 which seems to suggest that it's possible to support the described workflow of routing a phono stage analogue input through JRiver processing with RME. Is this correct? And, if so, then once done is it reliable?

The iPhone made a Mess!
Rme UFx and rme Ufx ll work as you want with Audio Input phono Or  tape Yes its reliable.
Here in jriver Forum are details .
I would not  use wdm i read Here Too many  Problems.
Read Posts how to Route in rme totalmix Software.
I use  it since several years.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 05:25:23 pm »

Not OP, but stumbled across this and thanks for the tip. I tried to do this a long time ago and I couldn't (or didn't really feel like spending the time to) figure out what was wrong - my pro audio cards are 100% RME.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 05:05:14 pm »

Hi

here a detailed description how to do JRiver "Open Live" with RME UFX from analog inputs of the RME UFX, AN3/4 in this example.
At the moment I am listening to Phono/Vinyl.

With this decription its a thing of 5 minutes to configure.

Note:
Why inputs are not direclty recognized is a mystery. Pro DAW have no problem with RME and ASIO, its just JRiver which is a bit involved.
I use Soundforge pro and there analogue Inputs go directly via ASIO into Soundforge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up