INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display shows 16 bit/48 khz when playing DVD concert, instead of 24/48 kHz  (Read 687 times)

switch6343

• Recent member

Hey;

I have enabled Play Mode (Alternative) and have changed the Status to

[Elapsed Time] of [Total Time] - [Bit Depth] Bit // [Sample Rate] - [Channels] ch   [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]  [Zone]

I noticed that Concerts on DVD's I'm playing, which contain a 24 bit / 48 kHz audiostream, are shown as 16 bit/ 48 kHz.

I have in Tools > Options > Settings > DSP Input/Output, the sample rate Output set so "Unchanged". But what about Bid Dept? I would prefer to have that set to "Unchanged" as well.

Where and how can I set the Bit Depth to Unchanged?

Cheers

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

DVD video is 16 bit.

DVD-Audio (MLP) can be 24 bit

What is the audio track format you are playing?  DVD is max’d at Dolby Digital or DTS but at 16/48 max IIRC.

I am not aware of DVD video with e.g. Dolby Digital ever having > 16bit audio at 48 kHz sampling rate

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team

DVD video is 16 bit.
I have some DVDs with 24-48 PCM and 24-48 DTS

I noticed that Concerts on DVD's I'm playing, which contain a 24 bit / 48 kHz audiostream, are shown as 16 bit/ 48 kHz.
There may be multiple audio tracks on the DVD, make sure you are actually playing the 24 bit one.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

You should use the MC "Audio Path" display to check what is being played. See the Wiki article.

The tags you are using would have been set at import time, probably using the default or first audio track, and may not reflect the audio track that you are actually playing. On a DVD, it could be displaying tags for the audio track associated with the DVD Menu, for example.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up