INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make MC25 remeber mapping between channels and program data source  (Read 1196 times)

randy5419

• Recent member

I have a trial version of MC25 and have questions about getting guide data.  I am using MC2XML and getting data from the default source Microsoft.  When I get program data, MC25 does an automatic match between channels and the program data source.  For many channels program data is not available.  For example, Channel 5.1 is Fox and Channel 5.3 is MeTV and it appears there is no program data available for MeTV.  But MC25 assigns the same program data source for both channels 5.1 and 5.3.   So I edited the source for 5.3 to be “prog information not available.”   When I finish the download all is ok.  But if I do another manual download of program data, MC25 again assigns the erroneous data source to Channel 5.3 and I must again change the source to “prog information not available.”   How do I get MC25 to remember that no data is available for channel 5.3?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

What determines the mapping between EPG data and a channel is its "XMLTV ID" field.

Run "Manage Channels" tool (Method 1: right click Television tree item on the left panel, and choose "Manage Channels", Method 2: click TV Options, and then click "Manage Channels" in the "Channels" section).  On the "Manage Channels" window you can change or clear the data in the "XMLTV ID" column.  Use "slow double click" (i.e. click the cell two times, in slow succession) on the cell to enter editing mode.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

randy5419

• Recent member

Thanks you for your response, but it did not address my issue.   I edited the XMLTV ID column as you suggest and saved it.   But if I then go to Television>TV Options>Load Program Guide, all of my editing is lost.   (BTW, this is what I originally reported, but I did the editing on the window that pops up after loading the guide data, which I assume has the same result as editing it as you suggested.)

Yaobing

• Administrator

The behavior you described is not the intended one.  Let us make sure we understand how you did it.

Is this (see attached image) the window you are talking about?

If so, you notice that there is an "Auto Match" button.  You do not need to click the button unless you found many empty entries in the list.  You may notice that in my screenshot I have a lot of unmatched entries (those with the words "(click here to configure)").  That is because those channels are cable channels, and I was only running the tool for my over-the-air ATSC channels.  So that was OK.

Regardless whether you clicked "Auto Match" button, if you found some channels that are mapped to wrong ID, i.e. your channel 5.3 gets mapped to 5.1 data, you can click the entry and get a drop-down lost of entries.  The top of the list is an empty entry.  Choose that to clear the wrong data.

Once the mappings are saved, the next time you run Load Program Guide, the same mapping (including empty mapping) should be used, unless you click Auto Match again.

randy5419

• Recent member

Thanks again for your quick response.   I have never used the auto fill button.  The procedure you outlined in your latest post is what I did originally, but when I load the guide data again the edits are lost.   Can you duplicate my experience, say doing a test with only one change?

Yaobing

• Administrator

I will do some testing.  Maybe there is an issue with empty XMLTV ID for a channel.  We might treat that as needing to get a match.  If you do not run the "Load Program Guide" GUI again, I think it will be OK.  Set it up so that it automatically load EPG every 24 hours, and see what happens to the MeTV channel. 

randy5419

• Recent member

Will do, but you should know that the problem concerns more than the XMLTV ID field.  When I reload the guide data, channels I had deleted reappear.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up