INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy and paste muliple values tags (as separate values)  (Read 607 times)

Bernard Victor

• Recent member
Copy and paste muliple values tags (as separate values)
« on: November 01, 2019, 06:30:56 am »

Hi

Is it possible to copy a tag that has multiple values to another tag? I would like to copy the *separates* 'Artist' tags to separates 'Soloist' tags.

I tried to :

1) use calculated data in 'Soloist' : Soloist=[artist]
It works for displaying the tags, but does not save them in the file tags
2) set 'Soloist' as 'user data' and check 'save in file tags (when possible)', then copy and paste 'Artist' tags; it doest the job but save all the soloists together as a single tag, not separate ones

Is there a way to achieve this in JRiver please?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copy and paste muliple values tags (as separate values)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:49:16 am »

I just tested this and it seemed to work fine.  I had to create an Artist entry for a song that had more than one artist though.  I didn't have any in my library that I could find.

Creating that entry was weird though.  I was not able to find a way to do multiple entry.  Instead I had to manually type the name of the artists, separated by semi-colons.  Like this:

Code: [Select]
Gov't Mule;Derek Trucks;Gregg Allman
Then after I pressed enter, those values "took" and I saw three different entries pop up when I hovered over the Artist field.

Then I went to the Soloists field (in the Tagging Window, as I did with all the above) and typed:

Code: [Select]
=[Artist]
After I pressed enter, all three showed up as individual check boxed items.  I could check or uncheck them in the Soloists field if I wanted to.

I think that's what you want, based on your description.

Brian.

Bernard Victor

• Recent member
Re: Copy and paste muliple values tags (as separate values)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:08:09 pm »

Hi Brian

Indeed I coud also achieve this.

But I actually would like the 'Soloist' tags to be saved permanently in the audio file (for some use outside JRiver). It seems to not be the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up