INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ctrl + F doesn't work  (Read 692 times)

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
Ctrl + F doesn't work
« on: November 01, 2019, 01:37:48 pm »

In previous versions of MC I have always been able to use Ctrl + F to instantly enable search from the search field.

In version 25 (using 25.0.114) this behavior seems to be out of order. Approx 9 times of 10 nothing happens when clicking Ctrl + F. I have no idea why it works the 10th time...

Is this issue known?

Thanks!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Ctrl + F doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 01:57:32 pm »

works fine here....make sure MC is the focus maybe
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 02:13:35 pm »

That is not the problem. MC is indeed in focus.
I've been using MC since version 17 and never seen this issue before. I use Ctrl + F frequently.
MC suddenly just ignores this key combination.

EDIT:
I want to add that Ctrl + F works fine everywhere else it's used on my pc, an HP Spectre x360.
This must be a bug of some kind.

Thanks!

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 04:36:53 pm »

Ctrl F brings up the search function instantly for me time and time again. Windows 10, MC25.0.114 64 bit.
But - it doesn't work if I have used it on an internet page and then switch to MC, so perhaps your Ctrl F function is being grabbed by something else on your system?
It also doesn't work if MC is on screen but you have clicked on some part of the desktop out of MC.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 03:51:23 am »

Ctrl F brings up the search function instantly for me time and time again. Windows 10, MC25.0.114 64 bit.
But - it doesn't work if I have used it on an internet page and then switch to MC, so perhaps your Ctrl F function is being grabbed by something else on your system?
It also doesn't work if MC is on screen but you have clicked on some part of the desktop out of MC.

I've checked all this, so that's not the problem.
I also always run MC in full screen mode.

If it's not a bug, maybe it has something to do with a failed installation?

And since I wrote the first post Ctrl + F has never worked. Not a single time...

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up