INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM issue with Qobuz  (Read 548 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
WDM issue with Qobuz
« on: November 02, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »

When using the WDM with Qobuz streaming, there is a weird phenomenon that crops up. I saw it myself when helping someone in the USA 9no Qobuz here in Canada yet), and now other users are seeing the same thing.

If you play a 96/24 file via a DAC, the DAC shows 96/24 correctly.
If you use the WDM, MC and the DAC show the input is 48/24.

Not quite sure what's going on. Is it WDM is not correctly showing Qobuz it is capable of 96/24, causing Qobuz to downsample? Or is it a bug in Qobuz?

Any help appreciated.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: WDM issue with Qobuz
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 06:38:52 pm »

If I remember correctly, Qubuz does not take exclusive control of the output device, so the Windows audio system can control the sample rate.  Try changing the Windows shared sample rate to 96/24 and see if WDM changes.  Not sure why WDM shows 48/24 and the DAC shows 96/24. I don't have Qubuz but if I remember this was one of the reasons I did not pursue it when it came to the US.  I am a little fuzzy on this, but it is something to at least check out.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: WDM issue with Qobuz
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 10:15:26 pm »

It looks like Qobuz is able to take exclusive control in general, and with a direct connection to a DAC (via an AES/EBU output), it can play higher resolution files at their native sample rates. Things just go awry when the WDM is added to the mix, and it's perplexing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up