INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View Scheme Implementation  (Read 990 times)

MachineHead

View Scheme Implementation
« on: May 04, 2003, 07:32:05 am »

Is keyword folder= gonna work?

Trying to get a view scheme that does not point at a Various Artist folder I created on my music drive. Basically I want to keep these albums (multiple) out of the single artist\album folder (read:non multiple artist). Thinking that this keyword would allow this I added it to my search criteria. Nope, still allows the Various Artist folder to be added to the scheme.

Am I missing something here?

About the only reliable way I've found to not include these various artist albums is with album name=exclude. MC should be able to do this without wandering through a list of albums and excluding them, shouldn't it?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: View Scheme Implementation
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 05:52:23 am »

Just tried -folder="Cowboy Junkies" and it worked as expected.

Can you give a step-by-step to reproduce the problem?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 03:14:39 pm »

Hi Matt,

Should have made it a little more clear...

The folders are root folders on my drive. Since I got this new box I figured instead of the 'My Music' routine, I'd just add a few different folders to the drive.

So here's what I've got:

Music Drive (G): 'Mikes Music' as main folder with 5 sub-folders. They are as follows (in no particular order):

MP3 Files

Ape Files

MPC Files

Various Artist MP3 Files

MP3.com Downloads

What I'm trying to do is get MC to look at these folders for a view scheme as mentioned above.

I'm trying to get MP3 Files (folder) listed as one scheme because it contains no multiple artist files.

Then I want another scheme that is based on the Various Artist MP3 Files (folder). This one also has a different naming convention then all the other folders. It is Album\Artist - track# - name based vs. Artist\Album - track# - name of the rest. Just makes it simpler for multiple artist files.

When I put the keyword - 'folder=' to point at MP3 Files folder, it still grabs the files from the Various Artist folder as well. And this is where I'm getting stumped.

Can MC pull root files like this for a view scheme?

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 04:28:39 pm »

folder="\MP3 Files" ?

I noticed you have 'MP3 Files' included in 'Various Artist MP3 Files' so that should work.

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 05:02:57 pm »

Thanks dragyn!! Missing componet was the backslash.
Pages: [1]   Go Up