INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver is looking for MP3 files but the files are M4A  (Read 605 times)

mstalvey

• Recent member
JRiver is looking for MP3 files but the files are M4A
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:27:58 pm »

I pulled all of my music files into one organized folder on my PC to clean up all the duplicates iTunes made over the years. Then I imported them all into MC. Then I imported iTunes playlists into JRiver. The issue I am having is that roughly half of the songs in the library have no connection because they are looking for an MP3 version of the song, but an M4A file is actually there. My fix is to grab an MP3 version from the other duplicate folders one-by-one, or convert each song one by one through a third party website if I don't have the MP3 version handy. Of course this is taking a great deal of time as I will need to complete this process 1,500 times. It dawned on me to ask you guys if you know of a much faster workaround. Is there a way to direct a program towards my entire library (folder of music files) and tell it to convert all M4A files to MP3? Or is there some library tool in MC that would do something similar? Thanks so much in advance.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver is looking for MP3 files but the files are M4A
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:05:31 am »

Select the files with the wrong extension using a smartlist or view>right-click>library tools>rename, move, and copy files>in the drop down select "update database to point to new location">uncheck everything EXCEPT find and replace>Find what: .mp3 Replace with: .m4a

mstalvey

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 02:14:27 pm »

Bryan, when I do this it updates the file name just as you had hoped. However, it does not allow me to play the track. It gives me an error message that "Something went wrong with playback."

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »

That sounds like an audio configuration problem.

You may want to try reading this wiki topic: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup
Pages: [1]   Go Up