INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.115 for Mac -- Available here  (Read 1438 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 25.0.115 for Mac -- Available here
« on: November 05, 2019, 04:34:20 pm »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250115.dmg

25.0.115 (11/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Change in OpenGL code fixes video playback.
2. Fixed: Settings files are properly saved on exit.
3. Changed: MC REQUIRES 10.9 or newer because of the changes for notarization.
4. Changed: A new libav will be downloaded on first run.

25.0.114 (10/25/2019)

1. NEW: MC is notarized for Catalina which should eliminate the warning on running (malicious software...). Please report results and regressions, many changes were required.
2. NEW: Built on Xcode 11 and Catalina. May not run on MacOS < 10.8. Feedback appreciated.
3. NEW: Added channels to Radio Paradise in Theater View (both streaming and adding Radio Paradise individually).
4. Fixed: Webservice calls to get a stack image could cause a crash if the folder was empty.
5. Fixed: Thumbnails in Theater View could be duplicated.
6. Changed: The disc count and HDCD tools are stopped at shutdown instead of blocking shutdown.
7. Fixed: Dragging and dropping list items in the Tag window did not flag the data as dirty so the change would be discarded.
8. Changed: If TreePath, Device, or Search is specified on the command line, the control and shift checks for filtering the media type will be disabled.
9. Fixed: Editing tags in a popup would not mark them as dirty so they would not be saved.
10. Fixed: The "Show Files In Subfolders" checkbox was not working.

25.0.108 (10/1/2019)

1. Fixed: Fix handling of video files (and probably others) that contain parenthesis in the filepath.
2. Fixed: SRT subtitles could appear multiple times in the menu.
3. Changed: Made the disc count algorithm count actual discs instead of take the max disc number.
4. NEW: Added support for a few new ID3V2 tags: "TROY", "TMED", "TSRC", "TSOT".  No built-in fields are added for these.  So one needs to create the following cutom fields: "Original Release Year", "Release Medium", "ISRC", and "Title Sort".  FLAC tags for these are also supported.  Some of these are also supported in mp4 files.
5. Changed: Made the maximum allowable size of a Podcast larger because we found real world Podcasts larger than our previous cap size.
6. Fixed: The maximum encode size wasn't being passed as an int64 so it could overflow on big files and cause encoding to fail.
7. Fixed: Doing "Paste All From Clipboard" on a list editor in the Tag window would not reliably save the data.
8. Fixed: Undid the "All channels" handling in the Parametric Equalizer volume and mute filters because it was causing all channels to be processed even if only selected ones were checked.
9. Fixed: We were not passing the array of files into the expression for thumbnails so things like GroupCount(...) were not working properly.
10. NEW: Added the ItemCount(...) expression to allow giving the count of all the files in the database with the same album, artist, album key, etc.
11. Changed: Made the DLNA servers dialog larger and made it sizable.
12. NEW: Made the program go through and update the 'Total Discs' for all the files in the library at startup (files not marked dirty, so shouldn't cause tagging).

25.0.104 (9/24/2019)

1. NEW: Calls to the web service from a webpage short-circuit the web browser and route directly inside Media Center.  That way the calls work even with Media Network off.
2. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).
3. Fixed: Editing a file path rule in the library customization dialog would not work.
4. Changed: Theater View will save when it's zoomed into a file so returning to Theater View will still be zoomed in.
5. NEW: Made the text on the status bar customizable for single file selections (right-click the toolbar and pick Set Text Rule...).
6. Fixed: The equalizer preamp was only working on the two front channels.
7. Changed: Saving an empty playlist as a Car Radio button would start playing the current playlist instead of messaging that there was nothing to play.
8. NEW: Added the PNPosition and PNCount variables to the expression used for status bar customization.
9. Changed: Reworked both the preamp and equalizer so they'll work on high channel counts (like 32 channels) instead of only on prescribed channels.
10. NEW: Made the MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLES MCC command take a -3 to browse for subtitles.
11. Fixed: Checkbox style fields were not working since the last update to fix tag window issues.
12. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Bytestar).
13. Fixed: SACD playback was not working.
14. Changed: Play Doctor won't factor a file as a minus file if you double-click a new track.  It will only factor as a minus if you hit the next track button.
15. Fixed: Tried to fix the issue of the Action Window crashing when closing automatically for check for updates (couldn't reproduce, so only maybe).

25.0.101 (9/16/2019)

1. NEW: Added a dialog "Portable Library" to allow setting up the filename conversions needed between Windows, Mac, and Linux.
2. Fixed: NFO "rating" tag was not properly imported.
3. NEW: MC will import "Rating" field from the new style "ratings" tag in NFO files.
4. Changed: Updated the Chromium web engine to the latest Chrome release.
5. Changed: Web links stay visible as you visit webpages (instead of going away).
6. Changed: MC will import "Lens" field from TIFF images.
7. Changed: "Focal Length" and "F Number" from TIFF images will be displayed with one decimal place only.
8. Changed: "XResolution" and "YResolution" from TIFF images will carry a unit (dpi or ppcm).
9. Fixed: Playlists added to Gizmo views as a library item would not sort properly.
10. Fixed: Cloudplay PlayDoctor button was not working.  This is the play button that would appear when you entered a genre into the Cloudplay search box.
11. Changed: When typing a part after a semi-colon in an edit box, a suggestion will appear for the second, third, etc. string.
12. NEW: An option "Jump amount when using mouse wheel to change playback position", to allow users to select how many seconds to jump when mouse wheel is turned (1 - 30 seconds).
13. Changed: When loading from an NFO file for a video, if <rating> or <ratings> tag is not found, <userrating> will be loaded for "Rating" field.
14. Changed: The check for updates Action Window only shows for five seconds if there's no update (so you don't have to close it).
15. Changed: Switched the API call used for Theater View sound playback to hopefully be more responsive.
16. Changed: Made mouse wheel scrolling in a menu always scroll at least one item even if the scroll reported by the system is small (previously it could be discarded).
17. NEW: An option to disable mouse wheel for jumping / skipping.
18. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
19. Fixed: The Tag action window could keep applying tags incorrectly when editing a list field.
20. NEW: String literals can be defined in expressions by using /* comment here /*.  The text will be output without any formatting.
21. NEW: When playing a television channel the OSD program info display will include a "currently recording" or "scheduled to be recorded" symbol in the current and next program names.
22. Fixed: The Tempo & Pitch DSP could crash when fed more then 16 channel, instead it'll gracefully disable now until the limit can be raised.
23. Changed: Made the pane right-click menu show even when the view is locked (it will just disable most the items).
24. Fixed: Loudness could produce a subtle tick when starting playback again.
25. Fixed: Pressing Ctrl+A after opening the tag window would not select all in the file list.
26. Changed: TIFF images' "Date", "Artist", and "Description" etc. tags will be imported.
27. Fixed: Right-click in the installer's install path edit control would crash.
28. Changed: Updated German translation file (thanks Stefan and Bytestar).
29. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
30. Changed: Made all the colors discrete for 7.1 playback in Analyzer (instead of looping previous colors).
31. Fixed: With right visualizations showing the rating could get scrunched.
32. Changed: Save the platform along with a database as platform.jmd.
33. NEW: Added a "Move to Top" and "Move to Bottom" selection for the Tag window templates.
34. Changed: Some tags in EXIF private IFD are imported from TIFF image files (focal length, F-number, ISO, shutter speed, etc.).
35. Fixed: Panel - Blocked some text from becoming highlighted when using sliders.
36. Changed: Panel - The no files in playing now warning will now display the current zone as a link to the settings page.
37. Fixed: The equalizer wasn't engaging on the surround right channel.
38. Changed: DLNA the next track will be sent 30 seconds before the end of the current track to devicesthat support SetNextAVTransportURI. (increase of 6 seconds).
39. Changed: The check for updates box closes after 60 seconds instead of 5 seconds when there's no update.
40. Fixed: Media Center could crash when checking for updates while the Action Window was not shown.

bob

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.115 for Mac -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 04:35:53 pm »

The caps-lock issue is NOT fixed in this build.
You MAY need to re-select your audio device in MC's audio settings with OSX <10.13.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 09:41:04 am »

this version seems to have broken the play/pause ability from my apple remote which is connected to my mac mini via sirimote.  fwd and rew work but when i hit play/pause it pauses for a half second and plays again.  previous version would properly play or pause.

edit... problem seems to have gone away after reboot and then returns following os sleep.

sunrisepmm

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:16:27 am »

HW Mini MAC - Core i7 16 GB Ram - 1TB SSD - build late 2012 - OSCatalina 10.15.1

since the system update from Mojave 10.14 to Catalina 10.15 I was no more able to play a DVD or Video_TS directory, only the single .vob files.
Started with 25.0.108, then 25.0.114 (worse - not any video file was playable - always error message: problem with file) and today 24.0.115.
Even if I will open the .ifo File in the Video_TS with MC 25, it is not recognized and some weird things happen (Adobe Illustrator or Word open with different error messages)
.ifo files are registered with MC25 (standard before was VLC)
Dragging & dropping the Video_TS folder to the MC25 HeaderBar and right mouse click "Play" as before does not do anything.
Even the normal library search for video files found every video file, except of my ripped Video-DVDs (formats included in search)

dsdudzik

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 08:46:34 am »

JRemote crashes JRiver.  I have the latest JRiver and reinstalled JRemote but JRiver crashes as soon as I open JRemote.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 11:08:31 am »

this version seems to have broken the play/pause ability from my apple remote which is connected to my mac mini via sirimote.  fwd and rew work but when i hit play/pause it pauses for a half second and plays again.  previous version would properly play or pause.

edit... problem seems to have gone away after reboot and then returns following os sleep.
The Caps-Lock key is related to this.
The detection of Media Keys is not working properly in Catalina and the Caps-Lock key is being incorrectly returned as a media key. Still working on it...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 04:58:59 pm »

Fixed the caps-lock.
Working on the others...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:39:58 am »

HW Mini MAC - Core i7 16 GB Ram - 1TB SSD - build late 2012 - OSCatalina 10.15.1

since the system update from Mojave 10.14 to Catalina 10.15 I was no more able to play a DVD or Video_TS directory, only the single .vob files.
Started with 25.0.108, then 25.0.114 (worse - not any video file was playable - always error message: problem with file) and today 25.0.115.
Even if I will open the .ifo File in the Video_TS with MC 25, it is not recognized and some weird things happen (Adobe Illustrator or Word open with different error messages)
.ifo files are registered with MC25 (standard before was VLC)
Dragging & dropping the Video_TS folder to the MC25 HeaderBar and right mouse click "Play" as before does not do anything.
Even the normal library search for video files found every video file, except of my ripped Video-DVDs (formats included in search)
The Mac version of MC hasn't ever supported DVD filesystems.

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 11:27:20 am »

HW: Mac Mini (Mid 2011) Intel Core i5; 8GB RAM;OS High Sierra V10.13.6 1TB SSD; PASS X.250.8 (AMP); Classe SSP 800 (Pre-AMP); BW 800D3 (LS);Esoteric K03x (DAC)
After installing Version 25.0.115 following problems occurs in my setup:
1. Continuous playing not working reliable - very often it stops playing after finishing a song and sometimes it pop up a message saying that there is a problem with the Hardware
2. After installing the version the settings of the DSP were reconfigured! Music with samplerate > 48kHz was downsampled to 48kHz. In my environment I do not use the DSP at all!! and up to now after installing a newer version it always kept the settings like it was on the version before
3. The sound is weird - muffled without room and depth
Going back to .108 everything works fine again

BR
Joachim

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 01:46:44 pm »

HW: Mac Mini (Mid 2011) Intel Core i5; 8GB RAM;OS High Sierra V10.13.6 1TB SSD; PASS X.250.8 (AMP); Classe SSP 800 (Pre-AMP); BW 800D3 (LS);Esoteric K03x (DAC)
After installing Version 25.0.115 following problems occurs in my setup:
1. Continuous playing not working reliable - very often it stops playing after finishing a song and sometimes it pop up a message saying that there is a problem with the Hardware
2. After installing the version the settings of the DSP were reconfigured! Music with samplerate > 48kHz was downsampled to 48kHz. In my environment I do not use the DSP at all!! and up to now after installing a newer version it always kept the settings like it was on the version before
3. The sound is weird - muffled without room and depth
Going back to .108 everything works fine again

BR
Joachim
Sounds like it's having trouble with your audio device.

First I'd turn off the setting:
Tools->Options->Audio->Advanced->Auto configure output ....

Then, check your Audio Output device, if it's set to Default Core Audio try setting it to the actual device.

Report back, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up