INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate imports when using portable library conversion rules...  (Read 454 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....

Dear Matt,

I was experimenting with the new "Portable Library" feature and I think I found a wrong behavior when importing files while conversion rules apply.

Here is my scenario: On my mac I have a folder located at "/Users/cmagic/Music". On my laptop PC, the same content is located at "M:\Music" so I added the following redirection rule : "/Users/cmagic/Music|M:" in the portable library on my PC. When I want to play the media on my PC, no problem, they play as expected even if the file location appears as "/Users/cmagic/Music/somefile.flac"

Now, when I add a file on the PC (e.g. "M:\Music\file_on_PC.ape") it correctly gets imported as "/Users/cmagic/Music/file_on_PC.ape" and correctly plays on both computers. But when I try to import that same folder again on the PC, the file gets imported again resulting in duplicate files.

It looks like MC scans the files in "M:\Music" compares their path to what is present in the library, decides they are new since their filepaths are different, then apply the conversion rule and add them to the library creating duplicates.

Where - IMHO - it should scan the folder then apply the conversion rule to the files found before comparing with those in the library, then skip if present and add them if not.

I don't know if I got the logic right, but that's what I can infer from the symptoms.

In any case I dig this new "Portable library" feature and hope you can do something to it. Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1]   Go Up