INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange days indeed-videos won't import properly  (Read 691 times)

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
strange days indeed-videos won't import properly
« on: November 07, 2019, 05:39:53 pm »

Hey all:

Long time Media Center user.  Changed laptops and was working fine, then today got in some kind of ditch.

Normally I can point to my directory structure on my SSD and everything works fine. 

Today after doing something I thought was unrelated (copying backup of documents folder onto local ssd)...I can import and play music and pictures, but not video.

I have let's say 1000 video files of all types (wmv, avi, mp4).  When I try to import, I find that only wmvs are showing up in my video library and won't generate the embedded coverart and get "problem with playback".  They have 0 duration.
All the other videos are showing up in documents/files section no coverart and "something went wrong with playback".  Interestingly it's all but the WMV files.  They show a filesize but not a duration shown.

I have reset the library and tried again, rebuilding all my views and importing again with same results (music and pics are great, videos are dysfunctional).

My only backups are for when the files were all in a different directory, so it is only good for my view definitions, but not the media files.

Any thoughts?  Any help is appreciated.

Bannonb
------
BannonB

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: strange days indeed-videos won't import properly
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:51 am »

Hey all:

Long time Media Center user.  Changed laptops and was working fine, then today got in some kind of ditch.

Normally I can point to my directory structure on my SSD and everything works fine. 

Today after doing something I thought was unrelated (copying backup of documents folder onto local ssd)...I can import and play music and pictures, but not video.

I have let's say 1000 video files of all types (wmv, avi, mp4).  When I try to import, I find that only wmvs are showing up in my video library and won't generate the embedded coverart and get "problem with playback".  They have 0 duration.
All the other videos are showing up in documents/files section no coverart and "something went wrong with playback".  Interestingly it's all but the WMV files.  They show a filesize but not a duration shown.

I have reset the library and tried again, rebuilding all my views and importing again with same results (music and pics are great, videos are dysfunctional).

My only backups are for when the files were all in a different directory, so it is only good for my view definitions, but not the media files.

Any thoughts?  Any help is appreciated.

Bannonb
What build of MC are you using?
What MacOSX?

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 08:56:25 am »

25.0.114 and Mac OSX 10.14.6.

I see that there is a 25.0.115...so I'll go ahead and get on the latest.
------
BannonB

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: strange days indeed-videos won't import properly on 25.0.114--SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:05:18 am »

...just a matter of upgrading to 25.0.115.  Now vids import and generate thumbs completely...and play.
------
BannonB

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 09:17:32 am »

Thanks for reporting back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up