INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitstream for Atmos  (Read 1299 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Bitstream for Atmos
« on: November 09, 2019, 09:09:17 pm »

I never bitstream using JR 23 with my McIntosh MX160 as i want to use the Audio Clock. However I also have an Atmos setup which i need to bitstream for those channels to play correctly. My problem is when I set JR to bitstream I get TERRIBLE Clicks and screams when I start one of my MKV rips. Is this something others also get when bitstreaming with JR?

I used to also get this on version 21. I hope I can sort this problem which has gone on now for years....

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Bitstream for Atmos
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:22:24 am »

Bitstreaming of certain high-bandwidth Atmos titles, in particular from UHD discs, has been an issue in the past. There have been improvements to this in MC25, you could try with a Trial version to see if they are resolved for you as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 04:14:29 am »

I've '00s of UHD BD and can bitstream them without issue over HDMI to my AVR.  Hendrik fixed the issue with high-bandwidth titles awhile ago and I've had no issues since (they were drop outs)  I've never had Clicks or screams however.  I also don't use MKV's but rip all my discs in full folder structures as MC now also has the ability to play the original BD Menu which takes all the guess work our of Forced Subs, Alt Endings, or scene selection (eg where there are multiple eps on a single disc as with TV Shows).
JRiver CEO Elect

rec head

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 07:57:12 am »

I'm on MC25 and bitstream for ATMOS. All UHD movies are ripped as MKV. Never had any of the noise you mention. If it is one title maybe try re-ripping it.

murray

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »

Bitstreaming of certain high-bandwidth Atmos titles, in particular from UHD discs, has been an issue in the past. There have been improvements to this in MC25, you could try with a Trial version to see if they are resolved for you as well.
Im sorry I put this is in wrong thread, Im on 25 and still have the issue on all titles.

murray

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 12:58:47 pm »

I'm on MC25 and bitstream for ATMOS. All UHD movies are ripped as MKV. Never had any of the noise you mention. If it is one title maybe try re-ripping it.
Im on 25 and have the problem, I put this in the wrong thread. I had it on 21 and now on 25.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 10:03:51 am »

I'm on the most recent v of 25 and experience weird pops, etc when first starting to play the Atmos audio from an ISO, namely The Beatles Abbey Road. It also occurs with other ISOs I have.

murray

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »

Exactly Im pleased Im not the only one with this problem! Yet I get it on startup of every ripped BD I play, and my quests blert out OMG what on earth is that! Its horrible, it doesnt happen if I bitstream from my Oppo, only on JR.
It also never happened in the old days when I used Kodi.

I wish one of the experts or developers would come in here.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up