INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLVED: SAT>IP setup with Digibit R1 server (by Telestar) not working  (Read 5483 times)

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Dear,
I bought and installed MC25 license on windows 8.1 PC.
I have build a fast Media Network Category E  (up to 10G...)

Now I want to install my little SAT>IP server - a rather popular unit in Europe sold/made by company Telestar. The model is named Digibit R1
It has 4 tuners and claims to be 100% compatible with the current SAT>IP standard.

I am astonished to run into many fundamental problems trying to use JRiver MC25 as a SAT>IP client.
First of all: VLC player on the PC works without problems - so no real problems with the Telestar product.

However I need JRiver to work, as I use Jrivers plug-in convolution engine for a lot of audio processing in a multichannel audio setup. As long I stay with Audio sources JRiver works great.
But now starting with Video, lot's of problems appear:
- When I start to set-up the SAT>IP system the 4 tuners of the Digibit R1 are recognised
- The SAT>IP server offers a M3U list of Astra 19,2 deg, which is fine for me (see below). However when scanning in the set-up procedere of JRiver for it using the "server provided channel list" item, JRiver either crashes or stay scanning forever with nothing happening. The current situation is that channel scanning with the set-up procederes of JRiver doesn't work at all - not a single channel is found and JRiver searches forever. It could be, that it doesn't search on port 8080, where Digibit R1 offers the M3U list ? How I can point JRiver to the correct Port, so the M3U list can be imported from the wizard ?
- I can save the M3U to disk as a file and then try to import this list into JRiver - the Television Set-up procedere of JRiver  offers this option. However it doen't work - JRiver refuses to import this m3u channel list - it just does nothing. Why the m3u is not imported ? Please see the Telestar format of this list - is there any difference in what JRiver expect to see for import ?
- Is the format of the Telestar M3U list compatible, what JRiver expect to see, when I ask it to import the m3u instead of automatically scanning  (because scanning don't work). Please see the specification of Telestar's M3u channel list below.
- How can I get a working EPG ? The Microsoft service nor any other service suggested from JRiver work - I believe this only works in USA, but not in Europe ?  What to do ?
Searching the Internet, I cannot find any XMLTV lists, which JRiver understand to import as EPG
- Is there anything fundamentally wrong ? As I understand, I first need to use the Television Set-up procedure to finalize. So I tried and run into the problems, which need to be solved. Is there any other work arround? I just need to watch TV.
- If I cannot get a working EPG installed, can I watch TV without any program listing?
- Manual input of a single Astra Frequency:   I tried to manually edit just one Astra-Frequency. So I input all the necessary parameters of a single free-to-air TV-station (German TV "Das Erste" from Astra 19.2E). In JRiver Television Tab  after the manual setup it indeed showed up. However double clicking the station to  watch this channel didn't work - JRiver alerts "try to lock to channel" and then "no signal".... it is Free to air signal which is shown in VLC player correctly...what is wrong ?

Here is some information from Telestar, how the M3U list is offered from the SAT>IP server:
" ---- start quoting Telestar from Digibit R1 help file ----------------------

The SAT>IP Server features M3U channel lists for playback in unicast mode. The default list contains Radio and TV channel for ASTRA 19.2E.

To access the M3U list, use the address which is displayed on this page (http://<device name>:8080/m3u). Alternatively you can use the IP-address to access the M3U list (http://<IP-address>:8080/m3u).

It is also possible to upload your own M3U list.

Click on "Browse" and choose the M3U list (xxx.m3u) on your local hard drive.
    Select "Load" to start loading the new list.
    The new M3U list will be loaded and you will be notified if it has been loaded successfully.

The format of the M3U list must be the following:
http://<IP-Address>/?src=[DiSEqC Command]&fe=[Tuner]&freq=[Satellite Frequency]&sr=[Symbol Rate]&pol=[Polarisation]&msys=[Demodulation Standard]&pids=[PAT,V-PID,A-PID,PMT]

The parameter SRC is optional in case a DiSEqC switch or a Monoblock LNB are used
    The parameter FE to select a particular tuner is optional
    It is also possible to use the device name instead of the IP-address: http://<device name>/?....
    Instead of HTTP streaming you can also use RTSP: rtsp://<IP-address>:554/?...

Example for a M3U list for playback in unicast mode:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Das Erste HD
http://192.168.110.96/?freq=11494&sr=22000&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&pids=0,5100,5101,5102,5103,5106
#EXTINF:-1,RTL Television
http://192.168.110.96/?freq=12188&sr=27500&pol=h&msys=dvbs&pids=0,44,163,104,106
Select and load a channel list from an online server
If the server is connected to the internet you can download an up-to-date channel list for different satellites.
M3U list transport protocol
You can select which transport protocol shall be used when streaming a program from the channel list. You can choose between RTSP-UDP, RTSP-RTP and HTTP.
TV lists
Click on the corresponding link to open the main channel list or the favorite list.
Favorite channel list:
You can create and manage your own favourite channel list under section "Favourite List(s)". Using the respective buttons, you can create ("New"), export to file ("Export", for backup), if necessary re-import from file ("Import"), modify ("Edit") or delete ("Delete") a favourite list.

Click on button "New".
    Click on the new list and select "Edit".
    Select a channel from the main list ("Main TV List") and move it (drag & drop) to your favourite list using the mouse.
    To remove a channel from the favourite list, select the channel you want to delete and move it (drag & drop) to the trash
    Using the button "Sort" you can sort the main list in alphabetical order. The button "Delete all" deletes all the channels of a favourite list.
    Save the favourite list by the button "Save", then this favourite list will be the channel list that DLNA clients will be able to discover and use (instead of the default main list).
--- end of quote from Telestar help file --------------------------------

What should I do to install Telestar Digibit R1 SAT>IP server correctly so it works with JRiver as intended.

Hopefully the JRiver Development team can guide me in the right direction...

Best regards,

Ulli
(Belgium)

Mans

• Galactic Citizen
Re: SAT>IP setup with Digibit R1 server sold by Telestar
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:52:53 am »

Hi, been successfully using Digital Devices' OctoNET SAT>iP server since MC 22 supports the format.
FYI since MC 23 there's also support for scrambled/pay TV.

Having no issues since the official implemention into MC (Belgium - TV Vlaanderen):

The actual channellist I'm using has all required RTSP paths, same structure like VLC player uses (easy to test/preview).
In my case DD does supply a tool to create them, build from the Transponderlist up, incl CI slot selection.
MC imports this M3U list at the initial scanning (TV setup)
-FYI, you can test individual RTSP paths in MC manually as well; file -> open URL.

Concerning EPG, I'm using a 3thP tool called WebGrab+.
Select EPG as XLMTV in MC 's TV setup and point towards your WebGrab .exe as also it's selfcreating XML file = your actual EPG data.
The WebGrab homepage has all the directions to it in order to create a config for your provider and needed channels, incl all Belgian TV providers.
TV channel logo's and program thumbnails can be imported via this service as well, as long the source supplies them as well.
FYI I'm using TV Vlaanderen and gets the full data into MC 25 via this WebGrab tool.
Scheduled in MC to reload/update the XML every night and with 14 days of EPG.

Happy user of Sat>iP feature which MC does support.

Cheers !

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
Re: SAT>IP setup with Digibit R1 server sold by Telestar
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 12:34:58 pm »

Hi Mans,
As you can see, my question was:
"What should I do to install Telestar Digibit R1 SAT>IP server correctly so it works with JRiver as intended."
I am not interested in the installation process/result with other hardware.

As I already mentioned, when try to load the saved m3u channel lists from my Telestar product Digibit R1 with open file URL  - nothing is loaded or imported by JRiver

To watch TV I need a working Channel list but either automatic scanning nor manual input of the required parameters of the channels end up in any useful content appearing - nothing.
So how to get my SAT>IP server working as advertised with JRiver - it says JRiver offer support for SAT>IP standard, or not ?

Many thanks for hint, what to use to get XLMTV lists loaded - will be useful, when JRiver has learned how to pick up the Telestar Tuner channel lists.... but for the moment the screen is black.

What information the development team needs to solve this issue ?
Let me know

Many thanks, Ulli

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Attached a log file recorded while I tried to setup Television with no succes.
Sat-IP server is Telestar Digibit R1

Help please!

Ulli

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

I have read the beginning portion of the log file.  These are what I found so far:

1. Each time JRiver MC tries to probe the server for tuner status, by sending a "DESCRIBE" request on port 554, the response was always the following:

RTSP/1.0 404 Stream Not Found
CSeq: 2
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:22:20 GMT

2. When MC tries to load channels, downloading the channel list  m3u file from the server failed.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator

that it doesn't search on port 8080, where Digibit R1 offers the M3U list ?

This may be the issue.

We assume the server would provide the port information, but it seems that the port info is missing from the URL.  So basically we tried port 80 and port 554.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Is it possible for you to configure the server so it uses port 80 instead of 8080?

Yaobing

• Administrator

- How can I get a working EPG ? The Microsoft service nor any other service suggested from JRiver work - I believe this only works in USA, but not in Europe ?  What to do ?

mc2xml option works in USA as well as some other countries.  However, very soon we expect the service will stop as Microsoft completely stops serving Windows 7.

Searching the Internet, I cannot find any XMLTV lists, which JRiver understand to import as EPG
- Is there anything fundamentally wrong ? As I understand, I first need to use the Television Set-up procedure to finalize. So I tried and run into the problems, which need to be solved. Is there any other work arround? I just need to watch TV.
So far I see port 8080 is an issue.  Not sure what else, like the format of the channels provided in the m3u file.

Once we get channel scanning work properly we can then deal with EPG set up (perhaps using Mans' suggestion). 

- If I cannot get a working EPG installed, can I watch TV without any program listing?

Yes, you can watch TV without EPG.

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Hi Yaobing, nice you come back to my questions so quickly.

- Is it possible for you to configure the server so it uses port 80 instead of 8080?

No - not directly in the SAT>IP server admin-panel
However I just installed a HP-procurve switch to manage the internal network. It might be possible to mirror or forward all traffic on port 8080 from the SAT>IP server to port 80. I will find out, if it possible and try with the new settings. I will let you know ASAP.

I will check EPG functionality based on the information from Mans given in earlier post using Webgrab+ . The software is already installed and configured.

Many thanks for reply so far.

Now I will check how I can change the port of m3u list coming from SAT>IP server...

Ulli

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Yaobing,
Port conversion is not possible with my current hardware.
The Telestar SAT>IP server admin panel do not allow to change the port.

I can only change the M3U-list transport protocol, one of the following can be chosen:
-http                or
-RTSP-RTP        or
-RTSP-UDP

So far none of the protocols does work.
I attached logs for RTSP-RTP setting (20-30-17)

Ulli

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Yaobing,
Port conversion is not possible with my current hardware.
The Telestar SAT>IP server admin panel do not allow to change the port.

I can only change the M3U-list transport protocol, one of the following can be chosen:
-http                or
-RTSP-RTP        or
-RTSP-UDP

So far none of the protocols does work.
I attached logs for RTSP-RTP setting (20-30-17) and RTSP-UDP setting (21-35-28)

Ulli

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

I wonder, if it is only the wrong port, which prevents proper communication between JRiver and the Telestar Digibit R1 SAT>IP server.
It could be, but it would be not the only issue then, because:

- The SAT>IP server offers the possibility to download and save the Channel list (m3u file) provided at port 8080
- when setup television in JRiver, I changed the procedere and try to import the m3u file from HDD of my computer after downloading it from the SAT>IP server. So in that procedere there should be no requirement to check the availability at port 8080, as it is loaded from the location in the setup wizard.
I tried it, however with no result - empty window with no channels loaded during scanning.

Attached is the logfile from this setup attempt.

Any idea, what is going wrong ?

Ulli

P.S.: here are the first rows of the m3u-file, which I tried to import with no succes - is there anything wrong with this file, because JRiver seem to not import anything,,,

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,1. Das Erste HD
http://192.168.1.108/?freq=11494&src=1&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&fec=auto&rolloff=auto&pilots=auto&sr=22000&mtype=auto&sid=0&pmt=17&pids=0,17,18,5100,5101,5102,5104
#EXTINF:-1,2. ZDF HD
http://192.168.1.108/?freq=11362&src=1&pol=h&msys=dvbs2&fec=auto&rolloff=auto&pilots=auto&sr=22000&mtype=auto&sid=0&pmt=17&pids=0,17,18,6100,6110,6120,6130
#EXTINF:-1,3. RTL Television
http://192.168.1.108/?freq=12188&src=1&pol=h&msys=dvbs&fec=auto&sr=27500&mtype=auto&sid=0&pmt=17&pids=0,17,18,163,104,44,105
#EXTINF:-1,4. Sat.1

Yaobing

• Administrator

Thanks for the logs.  I will investigate.  Yes I wondered about why downloaded m3u file did not work.  Hope I can find clues.

Our implementation assumes RTSP protocol (maybe HTTP should work too but I am not sure) so you should try setting the server to RTSP-RTP.

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Yaobing,
I changed setting in admin panel of Telestar Digibit R1 (SAT>IP server) to RTSP accordingly

I have also checked Firewall settings - Mediaserver 25 is indeed allowed in the list of windows Firewall/Defender Apps

I downloaded the Astra 19.E channel list from this Website:
http://www.satip.info/resources?tid=23
Import of this file running the Television setup Wizard don't work either - nothing imported when pointing the wizard to the downloaded m3u file in the box for the user supplied channel list (m3u) under digital sattelite TV-->SAT>IP...

Have not found anything else yet, what could be really wrong user setting and the reason, why I cannot get a channel list during scanning...

Ulli

Yaobing

• Administrator

The log from yesterday shows that MC failed to load the m3u channel list file because it could not find the M3U header in the file.  The first line of the file should be

#EXTM3U

but MC could not find it.  Can you check the file and see if this header is in the file (should be the first line)?  If it is not there, you may want to try adding it and run MC again, just for the sake of testing.

I will make some change in MC code so we will look at port 8080.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Please try this modified file for Media Center 25 64bit.  This will try using port 8080 if the default port does not work.

Please download it, unzip, and then copy to MC installation folder, replacing existing file.

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Yaobing,
many thanks for this file...
Indeed - scanning works now  - I can almost immediate see the m3u list when the TV-setup wizard starts scanning the SAT>IP server on port 8080 - this works even in HTTP transport mode. ("get channels from server provided list")
There is no difference in scanning - either HTTP or RTSP-RTP transport protocol works = excellent!
To import EPG also works with the XMLTV tool MANS has suggested (WebGrab+)

What do I need to do now to watch one of the channels? I have only a few free-to-air stations in the list, as I have edited the list to be short only for testing.

I tried to play one of the Channels to watch the current program:
When double click in the channel list column under Television TAB, I get a grey information at the bottom of the screen saying it is trying to lock to signal... then after it says NO SIgnal
It might be a parameter not set correctly in JRiver... ??

Many thanks for great help.

However, if I try to import this list manually, it doesn't work. I need to use "get channels from server provided list" to setup the channel list in JRiver

Ulli

Yaobing

• Administrator

Good.  We are making progress.

Double-clicking the channel in the channel list is one way to play a channel.  Alternatively you can select a program (assuming you have EPG set up), and click "Watch" button.

Make sure you set the server up as RTSP-RTP.  If that does not help, capture another log, of you trying to play a channel.

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Yaobing,
indeed playback (=watch) TV doesn't work without changing setting from HTTP to RTSP-RTP for the transport protocol.
Although scanning for Channel list in TV set-up wizard worked in both settings.
In RTSP-RTP mode (changed it in Telestar Digibit R1 admin page) - no problem watching TV any more.

Many thanks for this remarkable progress!

How will you implement this change of code into the official releases ? Issue a official new version of MC25 ?

Regards and thank you!

Ulli

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member

Good morning again,
In the past tests to get Television Setup problem with the Telestar Digibit R1 SAT>IP server solved, I used my development PC running latest Windows 10.
It works on this machine without any problem now.

This morning I used the patched MC25 version also on my Home-Cinema PC, which still has old Windows 8.1 pro installed (waiting to be upgraded soon to W10 as well).
The patched MC25.exe could also immediately receive the Channel list m3u file from the SAT>IP server, no matter whether it used HTTP or RTSP-RTP mode
After scanning the channels I tried to watch TV without any EPG loaded after confirming the SAT>IP server runs in RTSP-RTP mode.
I was astonished, that on the Windows 8.1 pro PC, I got messages again like "waiting for lock" followed by "no signal", when double clicking of any of the free-to-air stations in the Channel column...

Then on the W8.1 PC I additionally installed/loaded the EPG so now I have all Channels supported by the program guide showing up as intended in JRiver.
It is interesting, that NOW (after installing the EPG) when double clicking any free to air station in the Channel list on the left of the program guide in JRiver, the screen shows up and I can watch TV without any problem...

This seems, that watching TV without EPG doesn't work ?!?
Is it just, that JRiver needs some time in the background to start watching TV after freshly configured with the TV-setup wizard and a new Channel list from the SAT>IP server ? Could that be a reason, why watching TV without EPG didn't work before? Strange...

Anyway - my problem with TELESTAR Digibit R1 SAT>IP server is solved
It works now without any problems. Thanks to Yaobing and development team for the patch.

We just need to keep track of this issue for new JRiver releases, so the code change with the solution doesn't break...

Regards,
Ulli

By the way: picture quality with tweaked Red October HQ mode is really great...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: SOLVED: SAT>IP setup with Digibit R1 server (by Telestar) not working
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 06:52:50 am »

How will you implement this change of code into the official releases ? Issue a official new version of MC25 ?
Any change will be only in MC26. 

HTPC-Freak

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 09:07:29 am »

Hi JimH,
understood - I already purchased MC26 license.

One more question:
I can now play all Free-to-Air video channels from SAT>IP server

How to handle Digital Radio channels (audio only)
It is obvious, that they should not be in the Television Channel list, as it is not TV program.
Also, when I try to play them from the Television Channel list, they do not play ("no signal")

Is there any guide how to best manage Digital Radio from SAT>IP server in JRiver ?
How to play ?

Ulli

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 09:55:29 am »

How to handle Digital Radio channels (audio only)
It is obvious, that they should not be in the Television Channel list, as it is not TV program.
Also, when I try to play them from the Television Channel list, they do not play ("no signal")

Is there any guide how to best manage Digital Radio from SAT>IP server in JRiver ?
How to play ?

MC plays the channels as video, unless we have a marker that clearly identifies the stream is audio-only.  For DVB-T tuners we check for video PID.  If it is missing (or have a value of 0), we treat it as audio.  I will take a look and see if we can do something similar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up