INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wake on LAN to start Blu-ray player zone  (Read 473 times)

CalJake

• Recent member
Wake on LAN to start Blu-ray player zone
« on: November 10, 2019, 09:26:53 pm »

I'm running MC25 from a Win7 PC on my LAN. Here's what I'd like to be able to do, and most of it works. With all of my audio equipment off:

1)  I have a zone set up to play all my FLAC files stored on my Synology NAS on my Onkyo TX-RZ840 AVR.  When I select a FLAC file to play in MC, the AVR is started and the file is played.  Very nice and convenient.

2)  Unfortunately the RZ840 will not play multichannel DSD files stored on the same NAS.  I can play these files through my Pioneer UDP-LX500 Blu-ray player.  With all my equipment powered on, I have a Zone Switch to direct all DSD files that I select to play to the Pioneer.  This works.

3)  What I'd like to be able to do is select a DSD file to play and have it power on the Pioneer Blu-ray player.  The player supports WOL.  If I use the command line version of Aquila Tech Wake on LAN, it powers on the player.  I was hoping I could just use JRiver PlayPower and add the command line to "Run external program."  When I "test" it  under the "Run Executable Step," it powers up the player. But when the device is powered off, it doesn't broadcast, so the zone is displayed as "zone is not accessible" for the Blu-ray player, and it doesn't start the player.  So I'm in a bit of a CHICKEN or egg situation here.  It works if it's already powered on, since it's displayed as a zone, but can't if it's powered off, since the zone isn't visible.

It seems like I should be able to do this.  Or am I going about this wrong?  I do not want to set the Blu-ray player for CEC control since I frequently use the AVR without the Blu-ray player.

(and if you're wonder why I capped "Chicken," if I type it lower case, it's changed to "python" in this forum?!?)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Wake on LAN to start Blu-ray player zone
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 12:42:09 am »

I can't help on the WOL part, but I can explain of CHICKEN got banned (and substituted for python) - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,80792.msg552825.html#msg552825
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up