INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change ''Various Artists'' in a view to ''Album Name'' (need help)  (Read 611 times)

Secret_Armor

Hello people,

I'm fairly new to JRiver and it would be great if someone can help me with a small issue.
I've made 3 custom views:

Viewing them all by 'Album artist (auto)' so i'll see the artist name with multiple albums underneath, now i was adding more albums into my DSD view/folder and i noticed i have a special album that contains multiple artists and now shows up as 'Various Artists' instead of 1 artist name;

*Left album for illustration; normal artist name. Right album having the ''Various Artists'' tag.

Now, as i am browsing through all of the artists names in this view with all their albums underneath (if i have multiple) i will come across this ''artist'' called 'Various Artists' and i would much rather have the album name in this case.

So my question is, how do i keep displaying all artist names with their albums underneath (the ''Album Artist (auto)'' view)
And at the same time when i have 1 album containing multiple artists, that will show up as ''Various Artists'' make it so it will display the album name instead of the various artists tag.

Can this be done with an expression ? maybe with a if statement.
Something like; ''If there are multiple artists in this album, show album name instead of 'Various Artists'"

As you can tell i'm very bad at the expression language so any help would be appreciated  ;)

Thanks in Advance.

*Sorry for my English.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
Re: Change ''Various Artists'' in a view to ''Album Name'' (need help)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:25:16 am »

Try this

Code: [Select]
if(isequal([Album Artist (auto)], Various Artists, 1), [Album], [Album Artist (auto)])

Secret_Armor

Re: Change ''Various Artists'' in a view to ''Album Name'' (need help)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:53:53 am »

Thanks alot, perfect... you made someone very happy.
Again many thanks for your help you're the expression wizard ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up